Spring is transitioning into summer which makes October a versatile month for travel throughout the world. Get outdoors to fish or dive in Africa, take in the last of the spring blooms in South America or soak in the temperate Mediterranean climate.
Here are the best places to visit in October:
- Tiger Fishing in Botswana If you’re an angler looking for a new thrill, then look no further to tiger fishing on your Botswana safari. Hooking this fierce fish with razor sharp teeth and extraordinary speed and agility will surely give you the catch-of-a-lifetime you’ve been looking for.
- RIFF (Jodhpur Folk Festival) in Jodhpur, India Jodhpur is the second largest city in the state of Rajasthan in northern India and is the location of the Jodhpur Rajasthan Folk Festival (RIFF). The annual RIFF is a not-for-profit festival to celebrate and promote traditional folk music and arts and takes place over “Sharad Purnima” (full moon day of the Hindu month of Ashvin). Events happen in and around Mehrangarh Fort, which Time Magazine voted as “Asia’s Best Fortress.” Join us in celebrating the history and culture of spectacular northern India.
- Wildflowers In Bariloche, Patagonia Walk among beautifully vibrant wildflowers and admire the backdrop of the Patagonian Andes Mountains each spring as Mother Nature welcomes spring to the high elevations. Enjoy panoramic views of red wildflowers, forest green trees, and beautiful blue lakes. Natural beauty abounds and miles of hiking awaits only to be complete with a sampling of some of the fine chocolates manufactured here and sold worldwide.
- Great Scuba Diving In Seychelles Approximately 1,000 miles east off the coast of Africa, in the Indian Ocean sits Seychelles, a group of 115 small islands. Seychelles boast beautiful, white sandy beaches and warm crystal-clear, turquoise water, making Seychelles the ideal location for a scuba trip. Your underwater exploration will allow you to get up-close-and-personal with marine life, coral reef, and perhaps a whale shark or two. Enjoy a mix of French, British, African, Asian, and Indian cultures during your time in Seychelles’ paradise.
- Elephants In Zambia Grabbing Fruit From The Ana Tree On Hind Legs How does an elephant reach fruit hanging from an Ana Tree? By standing on his hind legs, of course! These creatures are well-known for being intelligent, but can also add clever and inventive to the list. The behavior, though not overly-common, is also not uncommon, so go on to Zambia or Zimbabwe and check it out for yourself.
- Go To Israel in October The coastal plain of Israel borders the Mediterranean Sea and provides many beaches and a sandy shoreline, while inland to the east sits the growing metropolis of “the city that never stops”: Tel Aviv. The capital city of Jerusalem is situated on a plateau between the Mediterranean and the Dead Sea and is home to artistic and cultural venues and sites of great religious significance. Take a trip further inland and see the earth’s lowest elevation point at 1, 412 feet below sea level: the Dead Sea, which is 9.6 times as salty as the ocean. If ancient history, rich culture, and spectacular things in nature are what you are in search of, Israel is perfect and October offers a slight reprieve from the desert sun.
Looking for more ideas?
Looking for more ideas? Experience Dia de los Muertos, an unforgettable celebration taking place throughout South America full of history and festivities, or visit the peaceful, tropical town of Lamu, Kenya- there’s a global experience for everyone in November.