Argentine lakes, glaciers, waterfalls and wine-tasting
Although the temptation is there (we can’t deny it!) to combine both Chile and Argentina into a single trip, Argentina offers all the variety you’ll find in Chile without the extra travel across remote borders. We recommend several nights at each stop to give you time to settle in and enjoy all the area has to offer.
Begin your adventure among the stunning landscapes of Bariloche, located in northern Patagonia’s Lake District. Boating, sailing, rafting, and fishing will complement more land-based activity as you head south. In Calafate, hike, horseback ride, and take in the majesty of South America’s most impressive glacial ice fields. Culture, historic sites, cuisine and incredible wine punctuate your time in Buenos Aires and Mendoza. Finally, you’ll fly to the awe-inspiring Iguazu Falls to end your journey in the rainforests of Misiones.
15 days/14 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrive in the Lake District, Hosteria Las Balsas
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to El Calafate, Eolo Lodge Patagonia’s Spirit
DAYS 7 & 8:
Fly to Buenos Aires, Alvear Palace Hotel
DAYS 9, 10 & 11:
Fly to Mendoza, Cavas Wine Lodge
DAYS 12, 13 & 14:
Fly to Iguazu Falls, Awasi Iguazu
Transfer to the Iguazu Airport, depart
- Start your trip in the Lake District, outside the small Patagonian town of Villa La Angostura, nestled between mountains, forests and lakes. Adventure, nature, stunning landscapes, stories of explorers, ancestral cultures and gauchos await!
- Fly South to El Calafate, the gateway to Southern Patagonia. Mini-track on the awe inspiring blue glaciers (age dependent), boat beside them to take in the thunderous calving, or get down on the water to kayak alongside them. Enjoy meals overlooking Lake Argentina and horseback ride through the remote wilderness.
- Trade in Patagonia’s isolation for the bustle of Buenos Aires. Be enlivened by the city’s history, culinary delights and the iconic tango of this cosmopolitan city. If you’re here during the fútbol season, we highly recommend taking in a match.
- In Mendoza, savor Andean scenery and a wide variety of exceptional wines where private touring will help you access the most exclusive tasting rooms. Mendoza is also an outdoor playground where other popular activities include: white-water rafting, rock-climbing, skiing, and horse riding.
- Your last stop is Iguazu Falls where red rocky landscapes are interspersed with verdant forest and abundant wildlife. Explore the Falls with your private guide and enjoy your final day exploring the wild beauty of Misiones’s jungles and rainforest.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Explore other itineraries
Valleys and Peaks of Chile, with a luxury twist
Luxury lodges and top experiences across South America's most iconic regions
Relaxing Waiheke, engaging Rotorua, sublime Fiordland, and adventurous Queenstown
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5