Zimbabwe’s Hidden Gems
Unique and diverse experiences across Zimbabwe
Our Zimbabwe safari offers some of the most prolific game viewing in southern Africa, with fewer crowds than East Africa and some of the best guides on the continent.
Start at the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Matobo Hills, where you can track rhino on foot and view Bushman paintings, before moving on to Hwange National Park to stay in a private concession that allows night drives. After this, water safaris in Matusadona National Park and Mana Pools are a brilliant way to see wildlife and water birds from a different perspective.
Zimbabwe Safari: 11 Days/10 Nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in Bulawayo, road transfer to Matobo National Park, Amalinda Lodge
DAYS 3, 4 & 5:
Road or air transfer to Hwange National Park, Little Makalolo Camp
DAYS 6, 7 & 8:
Fly to Matusadona National Park, Changa Safari Camp
DAYS 9 & 10:
Fly to Mana Pools National Park, Ruckomechi Camp
Fly to Harare, depart
- This 11-day fly-in Zimbabwe safari begins at Camp Amalinda, tucked away in an ancient bushmen’s shelter in the Matobo Hills, where massive granite boulders are interspersed with wooded valleys. Embark on game drives, track rhino, and explore thousands of San Bushman rock art sites. Wildlife includes Africa's largest concentration of leopard and black eagle.
- Drive or fly to Little Makalolo Camp, set in a private concession in the vast Hwange National Park. As well as twice daily game drives and morning nature walks, night drives allow the opportunity to see nocturnal animals. A log-pile hide overlooking a waterhole affords thrilling close-up views of elephants, and you can round off your stay with a night in a Star Bed, set on a raised platform overlooking a waterhole.
- Fly to Changa Safari Camp in Matusadona National Park. Morning and afternoon game drives, plus walking and fishing safaris, are in the company of highly trained guides. Healthy populations of lion, leopard, hyena, and cheetah as well as elephant, buffalo, and antelope frequent the shoreline, and hippos and crocodiles are abundant in the water.
- Fly to Ruckomechi Camp, set in a private concession in Mana Pools National Park. Activities here focus on game drives, walking safaris, and boat trips, with another opportunity to sleep under the stars on a treetop deck. If you are traveling with six people or more, we suggest choosing the exclusive-use Little Ruckomechi Camp.
$7,659 - $9,686 per person sharing in 2020.
Easy Extensions to your Zimbabwe Safari
- Extend your time in Africa by flying to Victoria Falls. Whether you are looking for adrenaline-pumping adventure or a sense of the country's history, there is something for everyone.
- If you’re looking for a dose of history, fly to Bulawayo for a guided tour of the Ruins of the Great Zimbabwe, an ancient kingdom and UNESCO World Heritage site.
Explore other Itineraries
From desert to delta in Namibia and Botswana
Top safari experiences in Botswana & Zimbabwe geared toward young families
Going off the beaten path in the Okavango and Kalahari
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.