People, Deserts and Palaces of the Golden Triangle and Beyond on this India trip of a lifetime
The palaces and forts of the fabled Golden Triangle are alluring for many first-time visitors to India. This India trip itinerary encompasses the history and glamor of the ancient cities of Agra (where you’ll find the Taj Mahal), the royal history of Jaipur, and the romance of Udaipur, but also offers deeper insights into the breadth of cultures across Rajasthan. Travel through the isolated villages of the Aravalli Hills to the fringes of the great Thar Desert. Meet the Bishnoi people, dodge camels, and browse the colorful bazaars at the heart of the ‘Blue City’ while cozying up in several of India’s most charming old-world havelis at the end of the day.
India trip of a lifetime: 11 Days/ 10 Nights
- Meet your private guide and journey through time on this India trip exploring the narrow lanes of Old Delhi beside the grand boulevards of the colonial capital. Visit the city’s three UNESCO World Heritage sites as well as the Jama Masjid Mosque and Sikh’s Sri Bangla Gurudwara for insights into two of India’s prominent religions.
- Just a three-hour drive outside Delhi is Agra, home to the iconic Taj Mahal. See the ultimate monument to love ablaze in the hues of the setting sun after taking in Agra Fort, an imposing Heritage Site.
- Behold, the fabled “Pink City” of Jaipur. Visit the Amber Fort, Palace of the Winds (Hawa Mahal) and the Royal Observatory (Jantar Mantar). This evening, head to the hills for dinner under the stars at Dera Amer. Feed bananas to the rescued elephants while savoring an organic farm-fresh meal at this sustainable community and conservation initiative.
- Next, fly to Udaipur where the glittering lakeside palaces of the “Venice of the East” beckon. Visit the magnificent City Palace, Jagdish Temple and Saheliyon Ki Bari. At the end of the day, watch the city lights twinkle on a sunset boat ride across Lake Pichola.
- Journey north towards the desert to Rohet with a visit to the stunning Jain marble temples at Ranakpur en route. In the morning, hop aboard a Jeep for a village safari for a closer look at rural life in the desert.
- Take in the spectacular views over Jodhpur’s ‘Blue City’ from Mehrangarh Fort. A walking tour offers an authentic look at this vibrant city with an opportunity to meet the people, sample the food, and witness the city's artisans at work.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
From Delhi, fly to Central India’s National Parks for some time in the jungles in search of tigers and other native wildlife. You might also consider a camel safari through the Thar Desert or watery bliss cruising Kerala’s backwaters.
Explore Other Itineraries
Safari through the best wildlife parks in India
The best of Northern India with luxury tiger safari
Pyramids, Temples, and a far off Desert Oasis
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5