Glaciers, lakes and peaks of Patagonia
South America is often considered a giant playground, and this 10-day luxury Argentina and Chile trip itinerary caters to the inquisitive traveler, with some remote and less accessed stops. It still delivers the dramatic peaks, lakes, and glaciers that Patagonia is known for, but with unique lodges, incredible guides, and adventure around every turn!
Who is a luxury Adventurous Argentina & Chile trip best for?
Those who are looking for a not-so-typical Patagonia trip through Chile and Argentina. This itinerary includes a bit of glamping, and one of our favorite accommodations, Estancia Cristina, which is truly unique but requires a bit of extra effort to arrive (as the best places usually do!).
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in Santiago, Hotel Bidasoa
DAYS 3, 4 & 5:
Fly to Puerto Natales and transfer to EcoCamp Patagonia
DAYS 6 & 7:
Transfer by road to El Calafate, Los Ponchos Apart Boutique Hotel
DAYS 8 & 9:
Transfer by boat to Estancia Cristina
Transfer by road to El Calafate, flight to Buenos Aires, BE Jardin Escondido by Coppola
Transfer to Buenos Aires airport, depart
Adventurous Argentina & Chile trip highlights
- This 11-day Adventurous Argentina & Chile trip takes you to some of Patagonia’s most gorgeous and off-the-beaten-path locations, where adventure awaits every step of the way.
- Start your trip in Santiago, where you’ll spend the evening resting up after your long flight. The following day, you’ll set out with your private guide to explore Valparaiso. Spend the day getting lost in alleyways full of street art, drinking craft beer and cocktails, or learning about this bohemian town's past poets and history.
- Next, it’s back to the airport for your flight to Patagonia and the breathtaking landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park. With views of the Towers, it will be hard not to spend a day hiking to this magical spot from your lodge. Spend three days traversing this remote corner of the world.
- You continue by road to El Calafate, keep your eyes open for guanacos and foxes as you drive! Visit Perito Moreno Glacier, where you’ll have the opportunity to walk on glaciers and catch the ice fields from the deck of a boat. Explore the area by foot, horseback or Jeep, making the most of your South American adventure.
- Take a boat to a private Estancia that managed to survive the harsh winters of Patagonia. Hike through fossil canyon, ride horseback along the dramatic mountain landscapes or go for a jeep ride. Spend the evenings with a glass of wine around the fire, before heading off to your room for the night.
- Fly to Buenos Aires for the final night of your trip. Stay in a boutique hotel in the trendy Palermo neighborhood. Enjoy a closed-door dining experience focused on traditional cuisine and local wine.
- Head to the airport in time for your flight home.
Starting at $18,550 per person traveling in 2024. Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Continue on to explore the Argentine Lake District, Mendoza, or Iguazu Falls
Bariloche & the Lake District Argentina’s Lake District is a wilderness wonderland of pristine glacial lakes, cascading waterfalls, snow-capped mountains and forested valleys where condors fly overhead. Set in the middle of the Lake District, on the shores of the Nahuel Huapi Lake, the alpine town of San Carlos de Bariloche is surrounded by stunning […]
Mendoza With good reason, when you think of Mendoza you immediately think of wine. With the Andes Mountains as its backdrop, the Mendoza Wine Region is known for its vast vineyards, esteemed wine estates, and breathtaking views. Travelers can look forward to sampling the regions vast selection of world-famous, award-winning vintages including a variety of […]
Luxury Iguazú Falls vacation Behold one of Mother Nature’s most exquisite works of art: Iguazú Falls. Seated on the border of Argentina and Brazil, this awe-inspiring collection of 275 thundering cascades is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. Why visit Iguazú Falls? There’s nothing like standing, humbled, […]
Explore other itineraries
The Salkantay Trek takes you to Machu Picchu in style; cultural highlights await at Lake Titicaca
Remote and Rugged Patagonia Adventure
Glaciers in El Calafate, mountains in Torres del Paine, sophistication in Buenos Aires & Santiago