A journey into Antarctica’s icy realms, pristine beauty, and untamed wildlife
Embark on an expedition to Antarctica, where you'll venture into the heart of the icy wilderness, encountering remarkable wildlife and dramatic landscapes. This 13-day itinerary combines the vibrant culture of Buenos Aires and the rugged landscapes of Patagonia with the ultimate adventure of a cruise to the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands.
Who is a luxury Antarctic Odyssey trip best for?
Adventurers and nature enthusiasts who dream of exploring the unspoiled wilderness of Antarctica, seeking encounters with wildlife and breathtaking panoramas.
DAYS 4 & 5:
Embark your cruise, sail through the Drake Passage
DAYS 6 - 9:
Arrive in the white continent: explore South Shetland Islands and the Antarctic Peninsula
DAYS 10 & 11:
Sail north towards Ushuaia
Antarctic Odyssey trip highlights
- Journey from the vibrant culture of Buenos Aires to the ethereal landscapes of Antarctica.
- Begin your adventure in Buenos Aires. Immerse yourself in the city's energy, explore its neighborhoods, and experience the unique blend of Latin American and European influences.
- Transfer to Ushuaia, the Southernmost city in the world, which has served as the jumping-off point for Antarctic explorers for centuries. Discover the rugged landscapes, trek through pristine forests, and embrace the allure of Patagonia.
- Set sail aboard your expedition cruise. Spend two days crossing on the infamous Drake’s Passage. Attend lectures from the expedition crew on a variety of topics, from glaciology to marine biology, ornithology, and Antarctic history.
- As the rough seas of the Drake subside, be rewarded with the first sites of Antarctica: the South Shetland islands. Here, dramatic cliffs and pristine shores house thriving colonies of penguins, seabirds, and seals. Set off on Zodiac cruises to explore picturesque bays, visit research stations, and take your first steps on the pebbled Antarctic coastline.
- Continue sailing south to the Antarctic peninsula. Navigate through iceberg-strewn waters, explore the untouched terrain, and witness the mesmerizing spectrum of ice formations. Encounter curious penguins, observe graceful seals, and maybe even catch a glimpse of majestic whales.
- After sailing back to Ushuaia, fly to Buenos Aires for a night in vibrant civilization after days of solitude in the white continent.
Starting at $14,000 per person based on two people traveling in 2024.
Antarctic Odyssey map
Consider visiting El Calafate prior to your cruise - the mighty Perito Moreno glacier offers a taste of things to come. Alternatively, finish your trip in the tropical Iguazu Falls for some much needed warmth.
El Calafate Located deep in Patagonia’s snow-capped hinterland, on the southern shore of Lago Argentino, the town of El Calafate has become an essential stopover for travelers headed to nearby Los Glaciares National Park. This icy wonderland is best known for the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier—a massive, shifting ice cap composed of dozens of smaller […]
Luxury Iguazú Falls vacation Behold one of Mother Nature’s most exquisite works of art: Iguazú Falls. Seated on the border of Argentina and Brazil, this awe-inspiring collection of 275 thundering cascades is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. Why visit Iguazú Falls? There’s nothing like standing, humbled, […]
Explore other itineraries
Adventure and luxury on the White Continent
Glaciers in El Calafate, mountains in Torres del Paine, sophistication in Buenos Aires & Santiago
Historic Quito, luxury Galapagos cruise, Amazon Jungle, and enchanting Cloud Forest