Historic Quito, luxury Galapagos lodge, and enchanting Cloud Forest on this Ecuador holiday
Ecuador is a country with many faces, from coast to jungle to mountain. These diverse ecosystems are home to impressive flora and fauna, making it the perfect place to embark on a South American safari. During this 9-day Ecuador holiday, discover what makes this country so incredible. The beautiful and historic city of Quito is where your journey begins. From here, depart to the Galapagos Islands, famous for unspoilt landscapes that are home to unique creatures. Continue your wilderness adventure in the enchanting Cloud Forest where orchids, butterflies, and furry critters await.
Ecuador holiday: 9 days/8 nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive Quito, Plaza Grande Hotel
DAYS 3, 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to Galapagos, Pikaia Lodge
DAYS 7 & 8:
Return to Quito and transfer to Cloud Forest, Mashpi Lodge
Depart from Quito
Highlights of this Ecuador holiday
- This 9-day Ecuador holiday adventure includes the UNESCO Cultural Heritage site of Quito, and Galapagos which is both a UNESCO Natural Heritage Site and New 7 Natural World Wonder.
- Quitos’ gorgeous, historical center provides the perfect backdrop to begin this adventure. With your private guide, indulge your senses (and your palate) with a tour of the stunning Plaza Independencia and surrounds, followed by a sampling of one of this country’s finest national treats - chocolate!
- Pikaia Lodge is an excellent luxury lodge alternative to a traditional cruise. Day trips take you out to explore the islands and allow you to return to the amenities of a hotel at night.
- The Galapagos Islands are sure to amaze, offering the chance to spot the iconic giant tortoise, blue-footed boobie, lava lizard, sea lion, marine and land iguana, sea turtle, penguin, and so much more. Walk in the footsteps of Charles Darwin as you observe these unique creatures, many of which are endemic to the region, in their seemingly other-worldy habitat.
- Ecuador’s Cloud Forest provides the chance to hike, visit waterfalls, and enjoy Masphi Lodges’ unique “Sky bike” suspended high in the air, each activity made more incredible with the presence of beautiful flora and majestic fauna, such as howler monkeys, butterflies, frogs, tayras, coatis, hummingbirds, toucans, and more.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
- Continue your travels with an extension to the mountainous Highlands, or perhaps the rainforests of the Amazon Jungle.
Explore other itineraries
Adventurous Argentina & Chile
Sophistication in Buenos Aires, Adventures in Patagonia and History in Santiago
Ecuador & Peru: From Galápagos to Machu Picchu
Wilderness of the Galapagos and Cultural History of Machu Picchu
Ecuador Highlands and Galápagos
Mountainous highlands, historic haciendas, cruising the Galapagos Islands
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Perfect Morocco: Souks, Sahara & Sea
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Wine, Whales, and Safari
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5