Visit Morocco and explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
With its rich culture, hands on history, elegant hotels and riads, and iconic scenery, such as the dunes of the Sahara, it's easy to see why Morocco is a draw for travelers seeking a truly immersive experience. You'll visit Morocco's most intriguing areas, and this itinerary is suitable for those who are more active and adventurous, but is also focused on history and has time built in for local shopping and a bit of relaxation. You'll have a private driver and vehicle throughout, and at each location will enjoy welcoming, yet refined luxury accommodations. This 12-day itinerary is perfect for those who want to experience several distinctly different regions of Morocco, with a focus on excellent guiding and hotels.
Visit Morocco: 12 days / 11 nights
- This 12-day itinerary begins with your arrival into Casablanca, where you will set out to see what is widely known as the cities’ highlight - Hassan II Mosque, the 2nd largest mosque in Africa. From here, continue to Fez.
- While in Fez you'll have lots of time to visit Morocco's local artisans, such as at a pottery cooperative or textile weaver, to understand how the beautiful pieces are created. A local guide will help you explore things to do in Morocco's capital: the bustling medina, important historic sites, authentic restaurants, and beautiful mosques.
- Drive 8 hours to Erg Chebbi and ride camelback into your desert luxury tented camp, listen to traditional music as you dine under the brilliant stars in the Saraha sky.
- Early morning explore the dunes on foot and then drive to Skoura, with stops at the Dades and Todgha Valleys. Enjoy the beautiful gardens, excellent service and diverse activities at the fully inclusive Dar Ahlam. Your guide will explain how agriculture in the oasis is possible, as well as taking you to one of the nearby historic Kasbahs.
- The drive today has spectacular scenery as you wind through the High Atlas Mountains to Marrakech. Here you will spend your days exploring the bustling Medina, palaces, and mosques. Enjoy wandering the beautiful Jardin Majorelle, perhaps enjoy a trip to the Berber or try a cooking class, or take a day trip to the mountains for a hike.
- Drive to the coast, through the Argan region, for your final two nights in Morocco at the seaside town of Essaouira, with its charming harbor, approachable medina and wide sandy beach. This is the perfect spot to try local seafood, partake in a classic hamam or just explore on your own.
- Return to Marrakech where you will depart.
$9,800-$10,500 per person sharing for travel in 2023
Visit Morocco & North Africa
Explore Medinas, Gardens, Mosques, and the breathtaking High Atlas Mountains
Dramatic landscapes, stylish accommodation, and desert-adapted wildlife
Exploring Egypt's Ancient Treasures; Cruise the Nile River