Unveil the ancient wonders of Machu Picchu and Easter Island
This journey across Peru and Chile combines ancient wonders and natural beauty. Begin your adventure in Lima, the vibrant capital of Peru, before venturing into the Sacred Valley, where traces of the Inca Empire await. Continue to Machu Picchu, an architectural marvel that stands as a testament to an extraordinary civilization. Onward to Santiago, Chile's lively capital, where cosmopolitan vibes and fascinating history converge. And finally, set foot on Easter Island, a remote paradise shrouded in mystery, where colossal moai statues guard the secrets of an enigmatic past.
Who is a luxury Machu Picchu and Easter Island trip best for?
Travelers wishing to fit multiple South America highlights into one trip, as well as those who are particularly interested in South America's history and archaeology.
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive Lima, Hotel B
DAYS 3, 4 & 5:
Fly to Cusco, transfer to the Sacred Valley, Sol y Luna
Explore Machu Picchu, Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo
DAY 7 & 8:
Train to Cusco, Casa Cartagena
DAYS 9 & 10:
Fly to Santiago, The Singular Santiago
DAYS 11, 12 & 13:
Fly to Easter Island, Nayara Hangaroa
Fly to Santiago, The Singular Santiago
Peru & Chile: From Machu Picchu to Easter Island trip highlights
- This 15-day Peru & Chile itinerary features the preeminent archeological wonders of South America, as well as the vibrant cities that connect them.
- The adventure begins in Lima, one of the gastronomic capitals of the world, known for its fusion of traditional flavors and innovative culinary techniques. Get to know the city through its food with a culinary tour and cooking class, which would not be complete without a pisco sour.
- Continue on to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Explore the ruins and traditions of the former Inca civilization, and delve into the rich local culture that exists today.
- Machu Picchu awaits upon a mountaintop. Traverse the ancient paths of the citadel, soak in the panoramic views of the Andes, and return for a second visit the following day.
- Complete your time in Peru with a visit to Cusco, the former capital of the expansive Inca empire. Immerse yourself in this historic city as you stroll through bustling markets, learn about local crafts, and witness the blend of Inca heritage and Spanish influences.
- Next, fly to Chile's cosmopolitan capital of Santiago. Embark on a city tour covering the diverse and charming neighborhoods.
- Cap off your adventure in Easter Island, which feels more Polynesian than it does South American. This remote island boasts dramatic landscapes and hidden mysteries. Marvel at the Moai statues, crafted by the Rapa Nui people centuries ago. Explore the archaeological wonders of Rano Raraku, visit the ancient ceremonial village of Orongo, and bask in the breathtaking beauty of Anakena Beach.
- Return to Santiago for one final night before you departing for home.
Starting at $8,400 per person sharing in 2024
Keep the adventure going with a visit to Torres del Paine, in Chilean Patagonia or the Amazon Jungle in Peru.
Torres del Paine National Park and UNESCO Biosphere Reserve is the centerpiece of Chilean Patagonia. Still largely undiscovered, Patagonia is a faraway place filled with spectacular flora and fauna as well as some of the most spectacular scenic beauty on the planet.
Peruvian Amazon The Peruvian Amazon is the fourth largest rainforest in the world and boasts remarkable biodiversity. The rainforest is also home to some 180 reptiles, 262 amphibians, 293 mammals, 697 fish, 806 birds, and 2,500 butterflies. The area is an increasingly popular hot spot for nature/wildlife lovers for a very good reason. Along with […]
Peru & Chile: From Machu Picchu to Easter Island map
Explore other itineraries
The Salkantay Trek takes you to Machu Picchu in style; cultural highlights await at Lake Titicaca
Wild Patagonia meets the lunar landscapes of the Atacama and lush wine valley of Millahue
Wilderness of the Galapagos and Cultural History of Machu Picchu