Ecuador & Peru: From Galapagos to Machu Picchu
Wilderness of the Galapagos and Cultural History of Machu Picchu
This 2-week Ecuador & Peru holiday itinerary highlights two of South America’s most coveted cultural and wildlife regions - Ecuador’s Galapagos and Peru’s Machu Picchu. After some time exploring historic Quito, the Galapagos Islands offer a look into unspoilt nature, protected marine reserves, and a plethora of unique and endemic wildlife. Onward to Peru, venture into the heart of the Inca Empire. The Sacred Valley is your gateway to the culture and landscapes of the Peruvian highlands. Delve into Inca history as you wander the paths of Machu Picchu in awe of their sophisticated society from so long ago.
Ecuador & Peru holiday: 14 days/13 nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive Quito, Patio Andaluz Hotel
DAYS 3, 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to Galapagos, Galapagos Safari Camp
Continue to Lima, Peru, Costa del Sol Wyndham Lima Airport
DAYS 8, 9 & 10:
Onward to The Sacred Valley of the Incas, Sol y Luna
Explore Machu Picchu, Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
DAYS 12 & 13:
Transfer by road to Cusco, Casa Cartagena Boutique Hotel & Spa
Depart from Cusco
- This 14-day Ecuador & Peru holiday journey includes several UNESCO sites, including: Quito, Galapagos (also a New 7 Natural World Wonder), Machu Picchu (also a New 7 World Wonder), and Cusco.
- Quito, a lively city with a beautiful historic center. With your private guide, discover what makes it so special. Wander the city center admiring churches, courtyards, and palaces. Sip a traditional hot cup of pinol, while people-watching in the busy Plaza Independencia.
- The Galapagos Islands feel almost prehistoric, with islands made from lava, tortoises over 100 years old, and coastlines covered with sunbathing iguanas. Explore the islands and discover their unique and endemic creatures, just as Darwin did during his 1835 voyage. Retire in the evenings to your tented camp, and just like an African safari, recall the delights of the day’s discoveries while watching the sunset.
- Continue to neighboring Peru, where the Sacred Valley of the Incas awaits. Explore archeological sites of Sacsayhuaman and Moray, made all the more breathtaking against the backdrop of the Andean Mountains. Take in the culture of today and yesterday with visits to Pisac, Ollantaytambo, and Amaru village. With the Amaru community, try your hand at traditional weaving.
- Machu Picchu, or the Lost City of the Incas, is truly remarkable, and a visit here proves to be a humbling experience to even the most seasoned traveler. Explore this city in the clouds twice, reaching it by train and by foot.
- Cusco, a charming and historical city, is the perfect place to end your South American adventure. Spend your time exploring, including visits to the Inca temple of Koricancha, Plaza de Armas, and bohemian San Blas. Put your bargaining skills to the test in the lively San Pedro market, and depart for home with traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Explore other itineraries
Luxury lodges and top experiences across South America's most iconic regions
Historic Quito, luxury Galapagos lodge, and enchanting Cloud Forest
Mountainous highlands, historic haciendas, cruising the Galapagos Islands
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.