Cape Town, wine touring, and big game in Greater Kruger on this South Africa luxury safari
This itinerary begins in spectacular Cape Town, where rugged mountains offer scenic vistas of dazzling deep blue ocean and pristine white sand beaches. Stay in one of the city’s newest—and hottest —hotels and explore the best of the city with your private guide on this luxury safari in South Africa.
Visit the Cape Winelands for behind-the-scenes tours of several acclaimed vineyards before heading to Kruger National Park for your safari. You’ll stay on two private reserves that offer unparalleled exclusivity and service, as well as superb game viewing.
Unforgettable Luxury Safari in South Africa: 12 days/11 nights
Unforgettable Luxury Safari in South Africa trip highlights
- This 12-day luxury safari in South Africa itinerary begins in Cape Town with a three-night stay at the Silo Hotel, set above the architecturally and culturally impressive Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa. Explore the city with your private guide, take an unforgettable scenic helicopter tour of the Cape Peninsula, and enjoy lunch at the private home of one of the city’s premier chefs.
- From here, you’ll be driven to the Cape Winelands, where you’ll stay at the luxurious Delaire Graff Estate and explore the charming towns of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek. Visit notable wine estates, learn about their farming methods and techniques, and take an intimate wine-tasting and cellar tour. Your behind-the-scenes experience could also include grape picking or barrel tastings.
- Fly from Cape Town to Singita Sweni, set in a private concession in the remote north of Kruger National Park. Embark on morning and afternoon off-road game drives, spot-lit night drives, and bush walks. You might also enjoy a visit to Singita's community project, working in the photography studio, partaking in a wine tasting with the lodge's sommelier, or some downtime at the spa.
- Fly to Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, which shares an unfenced border with Kruger National Park. Perched above the Sand River, the rustic-chic Singita Boulders Lodge offers exclusive access to 45,000 acres of untouched wilderness. Look out for leopards, endangered rhino, and wild dog, in addition to countless elephant, giraffe, buffalo, and zebra.
- Return to Johannesburg for your international flight home, or continue onward on your luxury Africa safari.
$23,850 - $25,550 per person sharing in 2024
Unforgettable Luxury Safari in South Africa on a map
Continue your adventure on a direct flight from Greater Kruger to Victoria Falls and onward through Botswana’s Okavango Delta or Zambia’s Lower Zambezi. Or, depart Johannesburg and fly onward to the Seychelles or to Rwanda to go gorilla trekking.
Explore other itineraries
Dramatic landscapes, stylish accommodation, and desert-adapted wildlife
Conservation and luxury go hand in hand in this classic Okavango Delta itinerary
Cape Town and Two Premier Safari Destinations