South Africa Private Villas: Cape Town, Kruger and the Kalahari
Cape Town and Two Premier Safari Destinations
A safari makes for the ideal group holiday as all the details are taken care of behind the scenes, leaving you to spend quality time with your loved ones. Gather together the kids and grandparents – or a group of your favorite people – and create memories to last a lifetime in South Africa private villas.
We’ve chosen exclusive-use properties for this itinerary as they offer total flexibility, as well as staff dedicated to making your stay as special as possible. After an action-packed few days in Cape Town you’ll move to the Winelands, where activities have been designed with kids in mind as much as adults. Fly to the Kruger for a safari with plenty of adventurous extras, and finish in the vast Kalahari, home to fascinating desert species not find elsewhere.
South Africa Private Villas: 13 days/12 nights
Highlights of this South Africa private villas itinerary
- This 13-day South Africa private villas itinerary starts at Ellerman Villa One in Cape Town, which boasts breath-taking views over the Atlantic Ocean. During your action-packed stay you’ll explore the fishing harbor of Kalk Bay, visit a penguin colony, and take a gentle hike in the Cape Peninsula Reserve. Visit Robben Island accompanied by Christo Brand, a former warden and friend of Nelson Mandela (depending on availability)
- Enjoy the full Winelands experience, but one which will create memories the kids will refer to for years to come. Start with a treasure hunt through the scenic Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve in the Franschhoek Mountains, before stopping at family-friendly wine estates where little explorers are not only warmly welcomed, but allowed to treat the farms as a playground
- Return to Cape Town airport for your flight to the Kruger National Park, where you’ll stay at Kubili House, an exquisite private residence set within Thornybush Game Reserve. The house is directly situated on the bank of the largest dam in the reserve, providing a consistent flow of animal activity. Game drives are available at any time, and the house has three swimming pools, a spa, and three fully equipped safari vehicles for outdoor adventures
- A private charter will fly you to Tswalu Tarkuni in the privately-owned Tswalu Kalahari Game Reserve, which is characterised by vast grasslands, arid savannah, and spectacular mountains. Get pampered in the spa and go on private game drives and horseback safaris, looking out for rare desert-adapted black rhino, the Kalahari black-maned lion, or a family of meerkats. Depending on the year and season, you might also participate in conservation activities like rhino notching alongside a veterinarian
$21,084-$24,676 per person based on 10 people sharing (6 adults and 4 children under age 12) in 2020
- Extend your trip by flying to the beaches of Mozambique for some time in an exclusive-use villa on Vamizi Island, or to the Seychelles
Explore other itineraries
Conservation and luxury go hand in hand in this classic Okavango Delta itinerary
Cape Town and a Safari in the Kruger
Private properties and exclusive experiences to suit all generations
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.