The Chef’s Delight Award Dinner was held last weekend (April 26th, 2013) at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre. The awards showcase Kenya’s culinary best and rewarded those who consistently turn out delicious meals from freshly sourced ingredients from Kenya’s farms and ranches, rivers and oceans.
The top overall awards for the night (as voted by diners) went to:
- Haru in Karen, Chef J.H. Park for the Best Individual Restaurant and Chef in Nairobi and
- Thai Chi at the Sarova Stanley, Chef Phansandha Phommee for the Best Hotel Restaurant and Chef in Nairobi
Other awards included
- Chef Tim Freeman of Brew Bistro
- Chef Kiran Jethwa of Seven Restaurant
- Chef Archie Athanasius of the The Boma Hotel
- Chef Kislay Kumarof Sun Africa Hotels
Lifetime Achievement Awards
- Chef Giuliano Zanette of Mediterraneo
- Chef Shailender Singh of the Sarova Group
- Chef Pradeep Mullick of Haandi Restaurant
- Chef Paul Amur of Golden Spur
Stay tuned for an upcoming post on our Nairobi restaurant recommendations and check out a post about a chef that may be on next year’s list here.
For more information email [email protected]ordinaryjourneys.com