Sole-use lodges and exclusive experiences in New Zealand’s top regions
There is no one-size-fits-all way to experience a New Zealand holiday, and every region can be experienced differently depending on your interests. This itinerary caters to multi-generational families, where every stop along the way will be fun and meaningful for all ages.
New Zealand holiday: 15 days / 14 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrive in Auckland and connect to Bay of Islands, Eagles Nest
DAYS 4 & 5:
Fly to Taupo via Auckland, Huka Lodge
DAYS 6, 7 & 8:
Drive to Hawke’s Bay, The Farm at Cape Kidnappers
DAYS 9 & 10:
Fly to Christchurch, Otahuna Lodge
DAYS 11 & 12:
Fly to Wanaka and helicopter to lodge, Minaret Station
DAYS 13 & 14:
Helicopter to Queenstown and transfer to Glenorchy, Blanket Bay
Depart from Queenstown
- This 15-day New Zealand holiday takes you from north to south on a gentle adventure that’s suitable for all ages.
- The Bay of Islands in Northland is defined by its 140 subtropical islands covered with rolling hills and tucked away coves. It’s also home to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, the historic site where New Zealand’s founding document was signed in 1840.
- Taupo is located within the Central Volcanic Plateau which means it’s surrounded by geothermal pools, hot springs, and volcanoes, and is also home to the nearby Huka Falls. This region is rich with outdoor activity as well as Maori traditions. Fly-fishing enthusiasts will find it hard to leave!
- Coastal Hawke’s Bay hosts beautiful sheep farmland, sprawling vineyards, a kiwi sanctuary, and world-class golfing. Go horseback riding, biking, hiking, or pamper yourself at the spa.
- Christchurch is a newly rebuilt city that has retained its old-world charm-nowhere more evident than at Otahuna Lodge. It’s the perfect base for exploring the Canterbury coast, including marine wildlife encounters.
- Wanaka borders the UNESCO World Heritage listed Mt Aspiring National Park. Between the mountains and Lake Wanaka, the sights in every direction are jaw dropping. Use this as your base to fly over the Milford Sound or Mt. Cook.
- Glenorchy is a charming and quiet town on Lake Wakatipu, around the bend from Queenstown. Enjoy the same thrilling activities that Queenstown has to offer, but let this lakeside oasis be your home to savor the quiet countryside and dark night skies.
Starting at $16,000 for each of 6 people sharing in 2020
Explore other New Zealand itineraries
Experience New Zealand from North to South - the drive is half the fun!
Relaxing Waiheke, engaging Rotorua, sublime Fiordland, and adventurous Queenstown
Striking Fiordland, expansive Canterbury, and serene Abel Tasman