On your Kenya safari, visit private properties and exclusive experiences to suit all generations
A Kenya safari offers the perfect opportunity for extended families and who sometimes live far apart, to spend quality time together in a magical setting. We recommend staying in a fully-staffed, exclusive-use property if you’re a group, as it allows you to set your own schedule without having to worry about the details.
This itinerary includes an overnight in Nairobi and then stays in two spectacular properties. Arijiju Retreat is a private home in Laikipia that’s been called the most beautiful safari lodge in Africa, and you can drive off-road, on night drives to see nocturnal animals and on bush walks. Cottar’s Bush Villa has breath-taking views of the Masai Mara savanna, where the annual wildebeest migration takes place.
Kenya safari: 8 days/7 nights
- This 8-day fly-in Kenya safari begins with an overnight at Hemingways in Nairobi
- Fly to Arijiju Retreat in Borana Conservancy, Laikipia, a contemporary retreat inspired by Ethiopian monasteries and hand-crafted from Meru stone
- While Big 5 wildlife viewing and bush walks are the main focus here, fun activities that will appeal to younger generations include helicopter flips, quad bike safaris, abseiling, and horse-riding
- Next on your Kenya safari, fly to Cottar’s Bush Villa in the Masai Mara, where the legendary guide Calvin Cottar may be available to personally guide your stay. The Masai Mara is famed for its abundance of wildlife, including lion, cheetah, elephant, leopard, black rhino, giraffe, and hippo, as well as also over 500 resident species of birds. Try your hand at catch and release fishing in the afternoon or splash in waterfalls.
- The Mara also hosts the world-famous spectacle of the annual migration, where up to two million wildebeest, thousands of zebra and other antelopes, plus a host of predators, trek north in search of greener pastures
$7,659 - $16,463 based on 6 adults sharing
$9,385 - $12,380 based on 10 people sharing (6 adults + 4 kids under 12)
For travel in 2022
- Your Kenya safari trip doesn’t have to end here. Fly to the beach – visit Kenya’s coast, Zanzibar, and the Seychelles are all within easy reach or cozy up in a private villa in Cape Town before continuing your journey in Southern Africa.