Explore Northern Tanzania
Breathtaking Scenery and a Mobile Camp in the Serengeti on this northern Tanzania safari
Tanzania is an iconic safari destination, offering the largest concentration and diversity of animals in Africa, as well as prime viewing of the awe-inspiring spectacle of the great wildebeest migration. Join us on our northern Tanzania safari!
This itinerary showcases three outstanding locations. Tarangire National Park is something of a hidden secret, offering a huge concentration of game with a fraction of the visitors found in other parks, and the Ngorongoro Crater is one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, offering a microcosm of East African scenery as well as abundant wildlife. Finish your trip on an epic note by staying in a camp in the Serengeti that moves every few months, ensuring you’re in the best possible location to see the migration.
Northern Tanzania safari: 9 days/8 nights
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport, road transfer to Arusha, Duluti Lodge
DAYS 2 & 3:
Drive to Tarangire National Park, Kuro Tarangire
DAYS 4 & 5:
Drive to Ngorongoro Crater, Entamanu Camp
DAYS 6, 7 & 8:
Fly to the Northern Serengeti, Serengeti Safari Camp
Return to Kilimanjaro Airport and your international departure
- This 9-day fly-in northern Tanzania safari starts with an overnight in Lake Duluti Lodge just outside Arusha
- Drive to Kuro Tarangire in Tarangire National Park for herds of elephant, diverse birdlife, and spectacular baobab trees. This is the only park in Tanzania that allows night game drives, so stay out late to look for nocturnal species
- Continue by road to Entamanu Camp on the western rim of the Ngorongoro Crater, where you can descend down a private road to the crater floor early in the morning, arriving before vehicles from other camps. Enjoy a full day’s game drive on the crater floor, hike with a Maasai scout into the craters surrounding Ngorongoro and visit the nearest boma, where you can spend time with the Maasai children and learn more about Entamanu’s community projects
- Next, fly to the Serengeti for the great migration, which makes its home on the sprawling grass plains for much of the year
- Depending on the month of your safari, you’ll stay at one of Serengeti Safari Camp’s four mobile camps in order to be in the best possible location to see the herds. The Serengeti's prolific resident game includes lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, giraffe, and hyena
$6,530-$10,421 per person sharing in 2020
Continue your adventure by gorilla trekking in either Uganda or Rwanda, or relax on the beach in Zanzibar.
Explore other itineraries
Going off the beaten path in the Okavango and Kalahari
Escape the crowds on Tanzania’s southern circuit
Incredible Game, Conservation, and Community Upliftment
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.