Off-grid Botswana safari: Going off the beaten path in the Okavango and Kalahari
Escape everyday life and reconnect with nature in two iconic locations on this off-grid Botswana safari. The camps you’ll stay in intentionally don’t have Wi-Fi, allowing for a true escape from the everyday world.
Spot wildlife ranging from thumbnail-sized frogs to enormous hippos on a boating safari in the Okavango Delta, and game drives and guided walks will reveal Africa’s best-known wildlifeThe Kalahari Desert is a study in contrast, a seemingly desolate space that teems with life – such as meerkats, aardwolf, zebra, and lions, – and has the most brilliant night sky you may ever encounter
Off-grid Botswana safari: 9 days / 8 nights
Highlights of our off-grid Botswana safari
- This 9-day fly-in off-grid Botswana safari begins with a bush flight from Maun to Seba Camp, which is set in an area with the most consistent game viewing in the Okavango Delta regardless of the time of year. In addition to game drives, walking safaris and mokoro trips, take a helicopter trip to see areas you’re unable to reach by vehicle or join your children for a bush cooking or photography lesson
- From here, fly to Chitabe Camp, in a private concession in the south-east of the Delta. An abundant array of herbivores support larger predators: lion, leopard, spotted hyena, cheetah, and wild dog. Day and night drives and guided walks showcase the varied wildlife and landscapes found here
- Fly next to Camp Kalahari, set in an oasis of palms in the Kalahari Desert. Year-round activities include interaction with habituated meerkats, a visit to one of the oldest and biggest trees in Africa, bird watching and night drives. Enjoy a rare opportunity to spend hours walking with Zu'hosi Bushmen, spend a night beneath the clear Southern sky during an unforgettable sleepout, opt for an afternoon horseback ride, or take to the skies on a scenic helicopter flight
- During the dry season activities include quad biking across the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, and game drives may include unique desert species such as springbok, gemsbok, red hartebeest, and brown hyena. The wet season bears witness to the spectacular zebra and wildebeest migration as well as a cornucopia of flamingos and other waterbirds
$8,685 - $15,124 per person sharing in 2020
- Combine your time in Botswana with a couple of nights in Cape Town or at Victoria Falls
Explore other itineraries
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.