Wildlife, local communities, and Victoria Falls on our Zimbabwe and Botswana safari
Combine two premier wildlife destinations in one magical safari. On this luxury Zimbabwe and Botswana safari you’ll be assured of excellent game viewing and some of the best guiding in Africa, in private concessions that offer both exclusivity and the highest standards of hospitality.
The configuration of the lodges we’ve chosen means that this itinerary works as well for couples as it does families or multi-generational groups, and offers a variety of landscapes and activities. View game from both the land and the water, gaze in wonder at the magnificent Victoria Falls, and spend time with local communities for an authentic understanding of rural life in the area.
Luxury Zimbabwe and Botswana Safari: 14 days / 13 nights
DAYS 1, 2, 3 & 4:
Fly from Johannesburg to Gonarezhou National Park, Singita Pamushana
DAYS 5 & 6:
Fly to Victoria Falls, transfer to Zambia, Royal Chundu Island Lodge
DAYS 7, 8, 9 & 10:
Fly to Selinda Reserve in Botswana, Selinda Camp
DAYS 11, 12 & 13:
Fly to the Okavango Delta, Chief’s Camp
Fly to Maun, depart
- This 14-day fly-in luxury Zimbabwe and Botswana safari starts in Johannesburg, from where you’ll fly to Gonarezhou National Park in Zimbabwe and stay at Singita Pamushana. Embark on twice-daily game drives, walking safaris, sundowner cruises, fishing, and mountain biking while settling into life in the Zimbabwean bush. Visit the Kambako community for a truly authentic insight into traditional life here and visit an ancient rock art site. Ask about a detour to the ruins of Great Zimbabwe
- Fly to Victoria Falls and transfer across the border to Livingstone, Zambia, and take a helicopter flight over Victoria Falls and along the mighty Zambezi River. Stay at Royal Chundu Island Lodge and enjoy sunset cruises, canoe trips, and a visit to the nearby village which supplies fresh fruit and vegetables to the lodge. Thrilling activities include white-water rafting and bungee jumping
- Fly to Kasane, Botswana and then onward to the Selinda Reserve, where you’ll stay at the intimate Selinda Camp. Take part in morning and evening game drives, walks, boating, tracking, birding and other bespoke wildlife viewing activities, looking out for leopard, elephant, hippo, and 200-plus bird species
- Fly to the illustrious Chief’s Island, the largest island in the Okavango Delta and home to only three exclusive safari lodges. Part of Moremi Game Reserve, the island was established by the BaTawna people to help preserve the region’s wildlife. During your stay at the luxurious Chief's Camp, embark on day and night game drives, bush walks, and mokoro trips (depending on water levels) in search of water adapted species, leopard, lion, cheetah, buffalo, elephant, and more
$22,370-$30,864 per person sharing in 2020
- Take a short flight down to Cape Town to soak in the raw beauty of the Cape Peninsula and the Winelands. You might also consider a trip to Namibia to take in the massive dunes of Sossusvlei
Explore other itineraries
A high-end authentic safari in Botswana, Victoria Falls, and Zambia
Cape Town and a Safari in the Kruger
Iconic Wildlife and Luxurious Lodges
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.