Highlights of India: North to South
A breadth of sites and experiences encompassing the best of India
In a country as vast as India, curating a once in a lifetime India holiday can feel daunting. We’ve removed the second-guessing and distilled the most iconic destinations into a 2.5 week trip to showcase the cultural gems Rajasthan alongside the tranquility of Kerala in the south. From bustling cities to sleepy backwaters and sacred temples to forested jungles, the stunning array of natural landscapes will evoke wonder at every turn. Of course, no trip to India would be complete without a tiger safari. Traverse the jungles of Kanha in search of the elusive cats and embrace the luxury of wilderness to quiet the commotion of one of Earth’s most energetic countries.
India holiday: 16 Days/ 15 Nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrive in New Delhi, The Imperial
Road transfer to Agra, Trident Agra
DAYS 5 & 6:
Road transfer to Jaipur, Oberoi Rajvilas
DAYS 7 & 8:
Fly to Mumbai, Taj Mahal Palace
DAYS 9, 10 & 11:
Fly to Raipur, Banjaar Tola Safari Lodge
DAYS 12 & 13:
Fly to Cochin, Brunton Boatyard
Road transfer to Kumarakom for luxury overnight houseboat
Day at leisure, Kumarakom Lake Resort
Fly to Mumbai, depart
- Begin your India holiday a good night’s sleep before two full days exploring India’s electric capital city. Privately guided touring takes you from the lanes of Chandni Chowk Market to Lutyen’s Delhi and everywhere between. Take in the food & craft bazaar and enjoy some downtime to keep jet lag at bay.
- Continue on to Agra to see Agra Fort and the majestic Taj Mahal at sunset. Return in the morning to see the monument at daybreak before setting off for Jaipur
- In the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur, visit the stunning Amber Fort, Palace of the Winds (Hawa Mahal), the Royal Observatory (Jantar Mantar), and more. Besides cultural sightseeing, Jaipur is also known for shopping and is famous for fabric, gems & jewelry and handicrafts. Explore the markets on an evening tour.
- Fly to Mumbai to take in the rhythm of the streets in the home of Bollywood. Visit the Gateway of India, Prince of Wales Museum, Victoria Terminus Station, and the UNESCO Elephanta Island Caves. Cruise along Marine Drive and Colaba at night to see the city aglow.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the jungle on safari in Kahna, India’s premiere wildlife reserve in search of Tiger, Leopard, Barasingha, and Sloth Bears as well as over 250+ bird species.
- Head south to embrace the slower rhythms of Kerala. See, taste, and smell the cultural melting pot of Cochin where European architecture exists proudly beside Chinese ingenuity along the sea.
- Float silently through the backwaters and channels of Kerala on a luxury overnight houseboat. Enjoy ayurvedic treatments and relaxation on Vembanad Lake while soaking in your final days in India.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Explore Other Itineraries
Safari through the best wildlife parks in India
The best of Northern India with luxury tiger safari
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.