Extraordinary Encounters in Uganda
Nile Cruises, Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking on this extraordinary Uganda safari
This itinerary is for those who want to see a different side of Africa. A boat cruise down the Nile allows you to gaze upon all manner of wildlife – from hippo and crocodiles to rare and elusive birds – after which you’ll trek for gorillas and chimpanzees, both the ultimate in bucket-list experiences. This extraordinary Uganda safari will also give you the option of taking part in a gorilla habituation experience, which allows you to spend even longer with these gentle giants.
Add overnight stays in show-stopping properties, a game drive, and the chance to see one of Africa’s most spectacular waterfalls up close, and you have a trip to Africa unlike any other.
Extraordinary Uganda Safari: 11 Days/10 Nights
- This 11-day extraordinary Uganda safari fly-in begins with an overnight stay at Hotel No 5 in Entebbe.
- From here, fly to Baker's Lodge in Murchison Falls National Park. See the spectacular Falls, where the entirety of the Nile River squeezes itself through a 25-foot cleft in the Rift Valley wall before plunging over 140 feet down with a thunderous roar.
- Cruise downstream to the Nile Delta, spotting elephant, hippo, crocodiles, and a dazzling variety of water birds. Go on a game drive and spot elephant, giraffe, buffalo, lion, leopard, hyena, and bat-eared fox.
- Fly to Kyaninga Lodge, near Kibale Forest National Park to trek for chimpanzees, and spend one hour observing them.
- Fly to Bwindi Lodge, just outside Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Trekking for mountain gorillas may be fairly strenuous, lasting from 30 minutes up to six hours at high altitudes, but the experience has been described as one of the most profound wildlife encounters in the world.
- See parts of Bwindi most people miss on a walk through the forest down to Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge (your luggage will go ahead by road). Enjoy a second gorilla trek, or take part in an exclusive four-hour gorilla habituation experience, where you’ll get a deeper understanding of gorilla behaviour.
$8,369-$9,675 per person sharing plus gorilla and chimp trekking permits in 2020.
Note that the minimum age for trekking is 15 years.
Explore other itineraries
Primates and White-Water Rafting on the Nile
Gorilla Trekking, The Big 5, And Conservation
Get out of your vehicle and explore on foot
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.