Madagascar: Lemurs, Rainforest, and Beach
Explore the biodiverse rainforest then relax in paradise on our best Madagascar safari
Although Madagascar is considered part of Africa, it’s extremely distinctive – 5% of all known animal and plant species are found here, including over 100 species of lemur. And while this Indian Ocean island is one of the most offbeat and interesting places on the planet, it’s remained very much under the tourist radar. Explore it on our best Madagascar safari.
Walk through rainforest to spot all manner of flora and fauna, visit local villages to learn more about Malagasy culture, and end your trip on an eco-friendly lodge on a private island. Not only in this is paradise for adventurous nature-lovers, but sustainable tourism helps ensure this incredible biodiversity is protected for years to come.
Best Madagascar safari: 15 days/ 14 nights
Arrive in Antananarivo, Maison Gallieni
DAYS 2, 3, 4 & 5:
Fly to Ifotaka, Mandrare River Camp
DAYS 6, 7, 8 & 9:
Fly to Fort Dauphin, Manafiafy Beach and Rainforest Lodge
Fly to Antananarivo, Maison Gallieni
DAYS 11, 12, 13 & 14:
Fly to Nosy Tsarabanjina, Constance Tsarabanjina
Fly back to Tana, depart
Highlights of best Madagascar safari
- This 15-day itinerary starts in the capital city, Antananarivo (Tana), where you’ll stay overnight at Maison Gallieni, the official residence of the Consul of Monaco
- Transfer to Ivato Airport for your scheduled flight to Ifotaka, and transfer to Mandrare River Camp. Highlights include a visit to the Sacred Spiny Forest, filled with the ancestral tombs of the local Antandroy tribe, as well as an extraordinary array of unique flora and fauna. Your English-speaking guide and a tracker from the local community will give you an introduction to Antandroy culture and customs. In the evening, watch beautiful traditional dances accompanied by singing and music
- Take a scheduled flight to Fort Dauphin and transfer to Manafiafy Beach and Rainforest Lodge, which is set in a sandy bay fringed with forest-covered mountains and wildlife-rich mangroves. Take day and night walks in the rainforest to see numerous species of lemur and birds; activities include snorkelling, kayak and scenic boat trips to nearby islands, and trips to the local fishing village and school. Whale-watching is also available in season (Jun-Nov)
- Drive back to Fort Dauphin and transfer to the airport for your flight back to Tana and an overnight stay at Maison Gallieni
- Return to Ivato Airport for your flight to Nosy Be, and transfer by boat to the eco-friendly Constance Tsarabanjina, which is set on a private island. Feast on fresh seafood and Malagasy specialties in the sand-floored restaurant, discover the island’s unique biodiversity with a guided nature walk, or take to the largely unexplored waters with guided snorkeling and private cruises
$10,743-$11,955 per person sharing in 2020
Explore other itineraries
City life, wildlife, and white sand beaches
Unique Wildlife and Other-Worldly Landscapes
Congo Jungle Safari: Exploring the Rainforests Are you ready for a conservation adventure in...
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.