Top 4 Wellness properties while on Safari in Africa, New Year resolutions often center on health, so what better way to ring in 2018 than by indulging in some health-conscious wellness retreats? Wellness is a holistic practice that can incorporate everything from massage treatments to foods and cooking to yoga and movement practices. Many of our favorite properties across Africa feature some element of wellness care, but the following top four roundup highlights some really standout options.
Gibb’s Farm – Tanzania
- Leisurely walks through surrounding forest and manicured gardens. Let Maasai healers lead you through the Ngorongoro Forest, where you will hear about Olemoran, Olaiyapiyap and Osinoni—just a few of over 20 medicinal plants described on the walk. Commonly used in Tanzania to treat health problems, these and other herbal medicines are used at Osero Clinic, the farm’s healthcare center.
- Traditional medicine massage featuring indigenous Maasai healing techniques based upon natural properties. Treatments may include freshly harvested and prepared botanicals drawn from over 50 different indigenous plants.
- Read more!
The Ocean SPA Lodge – Kenya
- Coastal access set on a pristine private beach on Kenya’s South Coast.
- Water Wellness Circuit which incorporates Rain Forest Emotional Showers, Hydro-Massage Pool and Dr. Kneipp Corridors Circuit, the very first of its kind in East Africa. Therapies are based on ancient, traditional knowledge combined with the latest contemporary techniques.
Lion Sands Game Reserve – South Africa
- Africology Spa on-site. Africology is one of South Africa’s leading natural, eco-friendly and holistic spa and skincare companies. Therapeutic in its approach, Africology only uses all natural ingredients that are bio-identical to the human biology; effectively enhancing the integrity of the skin while simultaneously preventing premature ageing.
- Yoga on the outdoor deck (mats provided). Ease into the morning with a sun salutation while admiring the Sabi Sand bushveld from the comfort of camp.
- Read more!
Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa – South Africa
- Peaceful natural setting surrounded by majestic mountains and the azure Atlantic Ocean, surrounded by a tranquil National Park, yet close to Cape Town’s best beaches.
- Full range of massages and health and beauty treatments. Spa facilities include a rasul chamber, a traditional Arabic cleansing ritual through the use of a gentle steam and mud; two mountain gazebos for outdoor treatments with ocean views; a tranquility lounge to relax between and after all spa treatments with herbal teas, lounge chairs, magazines, books or to meditate; health bar with homemade healthy snacks, fresh fruit juices and still mineral water; plunge Pools incorporating water jets at the optimal temperature for rebalancing your body’s metabolism, use of the plunge pools are available for all spa guests inclusive of your treatment; and salt water floatation pool to prepare for your treatment with a restful liquid, reduced gravity experience.
- Read more!