Sophisticated city and Southern Africa safari to Victoria Falls and the Okavango Delta
If the idea of two weeks on safari sounds overwhelming, you have other options. Such as this Southern Africa safari highlights itinerary, which alternates time in the bush with Cape Town, South Africa’s scenic coastal city, and Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls, where adventure sports abound.
When you do hit the bush it will be style, at a secluded property on a private game reserve next to the Kruger National Park, and a camp in the Okavango Delta in Botswana, where water-based activities, guided walks, and game drives are the order of the day.
Southern Africa safari highlights: 13 days / 12 nights
DAYS 1, 2, 3 & 4:
Arrive Cape Town, Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Fly to Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp
DAYS 8 & 9:
Fly to Livingstone, Zambia and transfer to Zimbabwe, Ilala Lodge
DAYS 10, 11 & 12:
Transfer to the Okavango Delta in Botswana, Shinde Camp
Fly to Maun, depart
- This 13-day Southern Africa safari highlights itinerary begins at Cape Cadogan Boutique Hotel in Cape Town. Explore the city center and take a trip up Table Mountain on a private tour, and visit renowned vineyards in the scenic Winelands
- Fly to Kruger National Park and transfer to the secluded Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp in Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, which has some of the best game viewing in Africa
- Fly to Livingstone, Zambia and transfer across the border into Zimbabwe, where you’ll stay at Ilala Lodge, the closest hotel to Victoria Falls. Soak in the tranquillity of life on the Zambezi with a sunset cruise, or opt for adventure: a helicopter or microlight flight over the Falls, walking with a herd of elephants, a canopy tour through the rainforest, rafting down Grade 5 white-water rapids, bungee jumping from the famous railway bridge
- Transfer across the border into Botswana, and take a light aircraft transfer to Shinde Camp, which is set on a lush palm island in the northern Okavango Delta. Discover incredible bird, plant, and reptile species by motorboat or mokoro, or embark on game drives and guided walks. Fishing enthusiasts will enjoy catch and release fishing for a variety of species
- Return to the airstrip for your flight to Maun, from where you will connect with your international departure
$8,152-$10,377 per person sharing in 2020
Explore other itineraries
Combine safari, iconic Cape Town, Namibia's towering dunes
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5
Incredible wildlife and plenty of adventure
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.