Sophisticated city and southern Africa safari to Victoria Falls and the Okavango Delta
If the idea of spending two weeks in the bush on safari sounds overwhelming, this southern Africa luxury itinerary is the antidote.
You'll kick off in cosmopolitan Cape Town and tour charming vineyards in the Cape Winelands. Next, call on a private game reserve next to Kruger National Park for some of the best game viewing in Africa. After a few wild days, you'll carry on to Zimbabwe to experience iconic Victoria Falls and perhaps enjoy some thrilling adventure along the Zambezi River. Wrap up in the captivating Okavango Delta for some water-based safari activities in Botswana's premier safari destination.
Highlights of Southern Africa Safari: 13 days/12 nights
DAYS 1, 2, 3 & 4:
Arrive Cape Town, Four Rosmead Boutique Guesthouse
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Fly to Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp
DAYS 8 & 9:
Fly to Livingstone, Zambia and transfer to Zimbabwe, Ilala Lodge
DAYS 10, 11 & 12:
Transfer to the Okavango Delta in Botswana, Shinde Camp
Fly to Maun, depart
Highlights of Southern Africa Safari trip highlights
- This 13-day luxury southern Africa safari highlights itinerary begins at Four Rosmead Boutique Guesthouse in Cape Town. Explore the city center, take a trip up Table Mountain on a private tour, and visit renowned vineyards in the scenic Cape Winelands.
- Fly to Kruger National Park and transfer to the secluded Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp in Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve, which has some of the best game viewing in Africa.
- Fly to Victoria Falls Airport in Zimbabwe where you’ll stay at Ilala Lodge, the closest hotel to Victoria Falls. Soak in the tranquillity of life on the Zambezi River with a sunset cruise, or opt for adventure: a helicopter or microlight flight over the Falls, walking with a herd of elephants, a canopy tour through the rainforest, rafting down Grade Five white-water rapids, bungee jumping from the famous railway bridge.
- Transfer across the border into Botswana, and take a light aircraft transfer to Shinde Camp, which is set on a lush palm island in the northern Okavango Delta. Discover incredible bird, plant, and reptile species by motorboat or mokoro safari, or embark on game drives and guided walks. Fishing enthusiasts will enjoy catch-and-release fishing for a variety of species.
- Return to the airstrip for your flight to Maun, from where you will connect with your international departure.
$9,600 - $13,250 per person sharing in 2024
Highlights of Southern Africa Safari on a map
Explore other itineraries
Combine safari, iconic Cape Town, Namibia's towering dunes
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5
Incredible wildlife and plenty of adventure