Iconic wildlife and luxurious lodges
You have two weeks to spend on vacation and you want to explore Pan-African safari destinations while staying in lodges that offer the ultimate in style and comfort. Look no further: this itinerary is for you.
Start in the Serengeti in Tanzania, scene of the epic Great Migration, where millions of wildebeest and plains game charge forth across the plains in search of greener pastures. Next, an intimate tented camp in a private concession in Kenya’s Masai Mara – another migration hotspot – with a stop-off to explore the magnificent Victoria Falls in Zambia. Finish in another private concession in the Okavango Delta in Botswana that’s famed for its prolific game, as well as unique interactions between lion and buffalo.
Pan-African safari: 14 days/13 nights
Arrive Arusha, Tanzania; Legendary Lodge
DAYS 2, 3 & 4:
Fly from Arusha Airport to Kogatende Airstrip, Serengeti Bushtops
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Fly to Tarime Airfield and then to Ol Seki Airstrip, Kenya; Mara Nyika
Fly to Wilson Airport, Nairobi; Hemingways
DAYS 9 & 10:
Fly from Jomo Kenyatta Airport to Victoria Falls Airport; Royal Chundu Island Lodge
DAYS 11, 12 & 13:
Fly from Livingstone Airport to Kasane, Botswana and then to the Okavango Delta; Duba Plains Camp
Fly to Maun, depart
- This 14-day fly-in Pan-African safari starts on your arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, from where you will be transferred to Legendary Lodge for your first night in Tanzania
- Fly to the northern Serengeti and enjoy your first game drive en route to the luxurious Serengeti Bushtops. Take in the scenery from above on a hot air balloon or visit a local school supported by the camp
- Fly to the Naboisho Conservancy, a private concession in the Masai Mara with the highest concentration of giraffe in Africa, and stay at Mara Nyika, owned by National Geographic wildlife photographers Derek and Beverly Joubert. Enjoy off-road morning and afternoon game drives, and night drives in search of nocturnal species
- Fly to Nairobi’s Wilson Airport and spend the day sightseeing, with an overnight at Hemingways, offering views over Karen Blixen's beloved Ngong Hills
- Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta airport for your flight to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Take a tour of the mighty Falls and visit artisan shops and galleries in the town centre before your scenic helicopter flight to Royal Chundu Island Lodge in Zambia. Daily sunset cruises, canoe trips, island walks, and village visits are among the included activities at the lodge
- Fly to the luxurious Duba Plains Camp, set on a private concession in the Okavango Delta in Botswana. Embark on daily game drives and boat safaris (water levels permitting) to view the prolific game and look for the famed buffalo-hunting lions.
- Transfer back to the airstrip for your flight to Maun to connect with your international departure.
$21,981-$30,381 per person sharing in 2022
Explore other itineraries
Luxury in the Serengeti and Maasai Mara to see the great migration throughout the year
Conservation and luxury go hand in hand in this classic Okavango Delta itinerary
Cape Town and a Safari in the Kruger