Escape to Rwanda for unforgettable primate encounters and luxurious lodging
This 10-night itinerary showcases the best of Rwanda's primate destinations in the comfort of One&Only's two exclusive resorts: Nyungwe House and the newly rebuilt Gorilla's Nest. It also includes time at the stunning Cleo Lake Kivu, situated on the lakeshore with stunning views. There's plenty of opportunity for rest and relaxation, as well as boating and kayaking adventures and fine dining.
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda: 11 days/10 nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive to Kigali, overnights The Retreat by Heaven
DAYS 3, 4, & 5:
Fly to Kamembe, overnights One&Only Nyungwe House
DAYS 6 & 7:
Drive to Lake Kivu, overnights Cleo Hotel
DAYS 8, 9, & 10:
Return flight to Kigali, road transfer to Virunga. Overnights One&Only Gorilla’s Nest
Return by road to Kigali, depart
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda trip highlights
- This 11-day fly-in luxury Rwanda safari starts with two nights at Heaven Retreat in Kigali. By day, explore the capital's countless galleries, markets, and the Genocide Memorial.
- Fly to Nyungwe's spectacular rainforests for a canopy walk and a chimpanzee trek for your first encounter with Rwanda's primates. Enjoy lunch in the gardens and a tea tasting after your trek, or relish in a post-adventure spa treatment.
- Spend two serene days at Cleo Lake Kivu Hotel, with its expansive water views and pine and eucalyptus-blanketed hills. Be as active or relaxed as you like. Paddle a kayak, go for a swim, or enjoy a leisurely boat ride.
- Next, spend three nights nestled in the hills surrounding Virunga's imposing volcanoes. Embark on a gorilla trek to see the country's famed silverbacks, plus a golden monkey trek. Spend your afternoons soaking in the countryside with the help of your private guide and vehicle.
- Return to Kigali at your leisure for final sightseeing and shopping.
$16,900 - $24,100 for each of 2 people sharing in 2024
- One permit per person for the following: chimpanzee trekking, colobus monkey trekking, gorilla trekking, and golden monkey trekking
- Internal flight from Kigali to Kamembe
Domestic Rwandair flight Kamembe to Kigali to be booked directly by client.
Note: The minimum age for gorilla trekking is 15 years old
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda on a map
Explore other itineraries
Lowland Gorilla Tracking, Remote Bais, and Outdoor Adventure
Nile Cruises, Gorilla and Chimpanzee Trekking
Gorilla Trekking, The Big 5, And Conservation
Big game, the migration, and authentic cultural interactions from some of Tanzania's most polished...
Combine your great ape safari with an additional safari in Tanzania’s Serengeti or Kenya's Maasai Mara. Or, linger longer in Rwanda and explore Akagera National Park on boat safaris and game drives along the shores of Lake Rwanyakazinga at Magashi Camp.