From gorilla trekking to the great migration, this is our best Southern Africa safari
Ready for an adventure? Our best Southern Africa safari itinerary includes some of the most exciting experiences to be found in Africa: gorilla trekking in Uganda, classic game viewing in Kenya and the Okavango Delta, the magnificent Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, and sophisticated city living in Cape Town.
You’ll stay in a mix of properties from mid-range to luxurious, making this a good-value proposition. Pack your hiking boots, your binoculars and a swimsuit and prepare to be dazzled – this is Africa at her most epic.
Southern Africa safari: 16 days / 15 nights
Arrival Entebbe, Uganda; Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe
Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Buhoma Lodge
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly back to Entebbe onto the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya; Sentinel Mara
Fly to Nairobi, Karen Gables
DAYS 8 & 9:
Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; Pioneers Lodge
DAYS 10, 11 & 12:
Fly or drive to Kasane Airport, Botswana and onto to Khwai Conservancy, Machaba Camp
DAYS 13, 14 & 15:
Fly from Maun to Cape Town, South Africa; Kensington Place.
Return to the Cape Town airport, depart
- This 16-day fly-in Southern Africa safari begins at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe, set on the shores of Lake Victoria in Uganda. Explore Entebbe, stroll along the lake or the Botanical Gardens, or pay a visit to a chimpanzee sanctuary
- Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, where you’ll stay at Buhoma Lodge. Spend a day tracking through rainforest in search of a mountain gorilla family, and spend an hour observing them – a uniquely captivating experience
- Fly back to Entebbe and on to the legendary Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. Sentinel Mara Camp is situated in a prime area renowned for its outstanding game viewing, and if you visit in season you may witness the herds of the great wildebeest migration
- Fly to Nairobi and spend the day exploring the city – we highly recommend the Giraffe Centre and the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage. Stay overnight at Karen Gables, a luxurious B&B set in spacious grounds in a quiet residential suburb
- Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and transfer to Pioneers Victoria Falls. Explore the curio market in town, take a private tour of the Falls and partake in an afternoon preparing dinner on the banks of the Zambezi River before a sunset river cruise. Other adrenalin-fueled activities include white-water rafting, helicopter flips, and bungee jumping
- Drive or fly to Kasane Airport in Botswana and on to Machaba Camp in the Khwai Conservancy in the Okavango Delta. In addition to game drives and walking safaris, head out on a canoe expedition and visit a local village
- Fly from Maun to Cape Town, South Africa, where you’ll stay at the 5-star Kensington Place. Take a private tour of the city, visit a penguin colony, kayak or snorkel from a hidden beach, and visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, which has numerous picnic spots and tidal pools on almost isolated beaches
$10,055-$11,578 per person sharing plus gorilla trekking permits in 2020
Minimum age for gorilla trekking is 16.
Explore other itineraries
Travel across East Africa from Uganda to Kenya, Tanzania, ending on the beach
Top safari experiences in Botswana & Zimbabwe geared toward young families
This itinerary includes the best of Namibia and a taste of the Okavango Delta. On this luxury...
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.