From gorilla trekking to the Great Migration, a luxury safari that visits both East and Southern Africa
Ready for an adventure? Odyssey Through Africa includes some of the most exciting experiences to be found in Africa: gorilla trekking in Uganda, savanna game viewing in Kenya's Maasai Mara, Botswana's legendary Okavango Delta, magnificent Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, and sophisticated city living in South Africa's Cape Town. You’ll stay in a mix of properties, mid-range to luxurious, making this luxury Africa safari itinerary a good-value proposition. Pack your hiking boots, binoculars, a swimsuit, and prepare to be dazzled—this is Africa at her most epic.
Odyssey Through Africa: 16 days/15 nights
Arrival Entebbe, Uganda; Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe
Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Buhoma Lodge
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly back to Entebbe onto the Masai Mara National Reserve in Kenya; Sentinel Mara
Fly to Nairobi, Karen Gables
DAYS 8 & 9:
Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe; Pioneers Lodge
DAYS 10, 11 & 12:
Fly or drive to Kasane Airport, Botswana and onto to Khwai Conservancy, Machaba Camp
DAYS 13, 14 & 15:
Fly from Maun to Cape Town, South Africa; Kensington Place.
Return to the Cape Town airport, depart
Odyssey Through Africa trip highlights
- This 16-day fly-in luxury pan-Africa safari begins at the Protea Hotel by Marriott Entebbe, set on the shores of Lake Victoria in Uganda. Explore Entebbe, stroll along the lake or the Botanical Gardens, or pay a visit to a chimpanzee sanctuary.
- Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, where you’ll stay at Buhoma Lodge. Spend a day tracking through rainforest in search of a mountain gorilla family, and spend an hour observing them—a uniquely captivating experience.
- Fly back to Entebbe and on to the legendary Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya. Sentinel Mara Camp is situated in a prime area renowned for its outstanding game viewing, and if you visit in season you may witness the herds of the Great Migration.
- Fly to Nairobi and spend the day exploring the city. We highly recommend the Giraffe Centre and the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage. Stay overnight at Karen Gables, a luxurious B&B set in spacious grounds in a quiet residential suburb.
- Fly to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, and transfer to Pioneers Victoria Falls. Explore the curio market in town, take a private tour of the Falls, and partake in an afternoon preparing dinner on the banks of the Zambezi River before a sunset river cruise. Other adrenalin-fueled activities include white-water rafting, helicopter flips, and bungee jumping.
- Drive or fly to Kasane Airport in Botswana and on to Machaba Camp in the Khwai Conservancy in the Okavango Delta. In addition to game drives and walking safaris, head out on a canoe expedition and visit a local village.
- Fly from Maun to Cape Town, South Africa, where you’ll stay at the five-star Kensington Place. Take a private tour of the city, visit a penguin colony, kayak, or snorkel from a hidden beach, and visit the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, which has numerous picnic spots and tidal pools on almost isolated beaches.
$11,900 - $15,600 per person sharing in 2024; includes one gorilla trekking permit.
The minimum age for gorilla trekking is 16.
Odyssey Through Africa on a map
Explore other itineraries
Travel across East Africa from Uganda to Kenya, Tanzania, ending on the beach
Top safari experiences in Botswana & Zimbabwe geared toward young families
This itinerary includes the best of Namibia and a taste of the Okavango Delta. On this luxury...