A Great Migration luxury safari visiting both Tanzania's Serengeti and Kenya's Maasai Mara
This private luxury safari itinerary offers you the opportunity to witness East Africa's Great Migration, an awe-inspiring wildlife phenomenon whereby giant herds of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelle move through the Serengeti and Maasai Mara in search of greener pastures—followed by all manner of predators.
There are Migration itineraries of all stripes, but this one is an extraordinary journey because you’ll stay in some of Africa’s most lavish properties. From tents with private hot tubs and butler service to wine tasting and hot air balloons, this is a safari done in serious style.
The Great Migration Done in Style: 11 days/10 nights
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport, overnight at Arusha, Legendary Lodge
DAYS 2, 3 & 4:
Fly to Serengeti National Park, Roving Bushtops
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Fly to Singita Grumeti Reserve, Faru Faru Lodge
DAYS 8, 9 & 10:
Fly to the Naboisho Private Conservancy, Maasai Mara, Mara Nyika
Fly to Wilson Airport in Nairobi and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
The Great Migration Done in Style trip highlights
- This 11-day fly-in Africa luxury safari starts with an overnight at Legendary Lodge in Arusha.
- The next day, fly to Roving Bushtops in Serengeti National Park. This is a mobile camp, but not at the expense of luxury. Tents include private decks with hot tubs and 24-hour butler service. On game drives, enjoy your own private-use vehicle and guide.
- From here, fly to Faru Faru Lodge in Singita Grumeti Reserve, where the herds of wildebeest pass through on their way north from May to July. As well as off-road game drives and night drives, enjoy some pampering in the spa, a wine tasting from the lodge's sommelier, or a trip to one of the 21 communities bordering the reserve.
- Next, fly to Kenya's Maasai Mara to continue your safari in Naboisho Conservancy at the luxurious Mara Nyika Camp. This upscale eco-camp has just five tents and the area is home to one of the largest concentrations of giraffe in Africa. Enjoy an unparalleled wildlife experience on twice-daily game drives and bush walks.
- Take a full-day game drive to maximize your chance of catching a glimpse of any early migration herds (July through October). We also recommend spending one morning aloft watching the sunrise over the plains from a hot air balloon before a celebratory champagne breakfast in the bush.
- Fly to Nairobi to depart for home or continue your big adventure.
$22,400 - $29,700 per person sharing in 2024
The Great Migration Done in Style on a map
Explore other itineraries
Conservation and luxury go hand in hand in this classic Okavango Delta itinerary
Gorilla Trekking, The Big 5, And Conservation
Big game, the migration, and authentic cultural interactions from some of Tanzania's most polished...