Africa migration luxury safari in the Serengeti and the Mara
This Africa migration luxury safari itinerary offers you the opportunity to witness the great migration, the awe-inspiring wildlife phenomenon whereby giant herds of wildebeest, zebra, and gazelle move through the Serengeti and Masai Mara in search of greener pastures, followed by all manner of predators.
That’s not all, however – you’ll stay in some of Africa’s most lavish safari properties along the way. From tents with private hot tubs and butler service to wine tasting and hot air balloon safaris, this is a safari done in serious style.
Africa migration luxury safari: 11 days / 10 nights
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport, overnight at Arusha, Legendary Lodge
DAYS 2, 3 & 4:
Fly to Serengeti National Park, Roving Bushtops
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Fly to Singita Grumeti Reserve, Faru Faru Lodge
DAYS 8, 9 & 10:
Fly to the Masai Mara National Reserve, Angama Mara
Fly to Wilson Airport in Nairobi and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- This 11-day fly-in Africa luxury safari starts with an overnight at Legendary Lodge in Arusha
- The next day, fly to Roving Bushtops in Serengeti National Park. This is a mobile camp, but not at the expense of luxury – tents include private decks with hot tubs and and 24-hour butler service, and you have your own private use vehicle
- From here, fly to Faru Faru Lodge in Singita Grumeti Reserve, where the herds of wildebeest pass through on their way north from May–July. As well as on off-road game drives and night drives, enjoy some pampering in the spa, a wine tasting by the lodge's sommelier, or a trip to one of the 21 communities bordering the reserve
- Next, fly to Angama Mara in the Masai Mara, where you have your own private view of a waterhole and look out onto views immortalized in the film “Out of Africa”
- Take full day’s game drive to maximize your chance at catching a glimpse of any early migration herds (July-October). Other activities include hot air balloon safaris, bush walks, and cultural visits to neighbouring Maasai villages
- Spend time in Angama’s photographic studio editing your images, and have lunch one day in the spectacular garden shamba
$19,408-$23,212 per person sharing in 2022
Continue your African adventure by flying on to the Seychelles for some time on the beach, or a flight to Rwanda or Uganda for a gorilla or chimp trekking adventure.
Explore other itineraries
Conservation and luxury go hand in hand in this classic Okavango Delta itinerary
Gorilla Trekking, The Big 5, And Conservation
Big game, the migration, and authentic cultural interactions from some of Tanzania's most polished...