Experience Zimbabwe at Singita Pamushana, One of Africa’s best-kept secrets, Singita Pamushana Lodge is found within the Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve in southeastern Zimbabwe. Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve spans some 150,000 acres of wilderness bordering the Gonarezhou National Park. Malilangwe is teeming with birds and wildlife, including rare and endangered species during your stay at Singita Pamushana Lodge you are likely to spot a wide variety of wildlife including white and black rhino, Lichtenstein hartebeest, sable, nyala, klipspringer, cheetah, wild dog, lion, leopard, and an abundance of bird life.The area is famous for its cathedral Mopane forests, majestic ‘upside-down’ Baobab trees and over 100 rock art sites that date back more than 2,000 years.
Set among towering trees, the lodge incorporates the natural environment and has views of the pool, the lush gardens and the 1500 acre lake below. The lodge’s rough-hewn architecture is inspired by the bold and vibrant culture of the local Shangaan people who have lived in the region for thousands of years. Experience Zimbabwe at Singita Pamushana, Accommodation at Pamushana includes four one-bedroom suites each with a private infinity pool, two family suites and one five bedroom villa retreat. Each suite has their own private infinity pool. The suites offers an exotic yet comfortable home away from home, with spectacular views and decorated with inviting couches and bright splashes of color.
Activities at Pamushana
Activities during your 3 nights / 4 days at Pamushana can include
- Daily day and night game drives with professional guides and trackers
- Pamushana is particularly known for game-viewing on foot. Walking safaris are an incredible way to experience the bush up close and personal. Your expert guide and tracker will accompany you as you track animals on foot through the wilderness and explore the magnificent plants and landscapes around you.
- For the adventurous guest, a mountain bike ride through the reserve just can’t be beat. Your guide and tracker will accompany you as you explore the vast beauty of this rugged landscape.
- The San Bushmen are one of the earth’s oldest continuous cultures on earth, the original hunter gatherers. Take an educational tour to view San Bushmen rock art dating back tens of thousands of years and learn about their remarkable way of life.
- Community tours provide guests at Singita with the opportunity to gain insight into community life and the local Shangaan culture and witness firsthand the positive impact of the thriving development programs in place.
- Fishing at the dam below the lodge. Singita Pamushana boasts excellent game fishing throughout the year including Tiger Fish, Bass, Bream (tilapia), and Catfish.
- Get in some exercise swimming in your private infinity pool, playing tennis or golf or working out in the fully-equipped gym
- Relax in the spa
- Cap of an activity-filled day with a sundowner cruise on the lake.
Community and Conservation at Pamushana
Not only is Singita Pamushana an incredible safari experience for travelers, it is an amazing conservation and community development effort. In 1994, the not-for-profit Malilangwe Trust was established as a result of the largest ever single donor investment in Zimbabwe, in order to purchase, protect, and manage the extraordinary wilderness area next to the Gonarezhou National Park in southeastern Zimbabwe. Singita Pamushana Lodge is the ecotourism arm of this 130,000 acre reserve, and its role is to help foster the sustainability of the wildlife and broader ecology, while enabling guests to share the magic of the lodge and the Malilangwe Wildlife Reserve. Singita manages the lodge on behalf of the Trust and all proceeds from the lodge benefit the numerous conservation and community outreach and development programs underway. The initiatives in place in the area have met with great success and each guest who visits Singita Pamushana makes a positive impact to this incredibly beautiful land and dynamic community.
Getting to Pamushana
There is a scheduled flight on Federal Air between Buffalo Range International Airport and OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg. The flight approximately 2.5 hours and the Buffalo Range airport is 45 minutes from the lodge. This flight is currently only active on Mondays and Thursdays. This means that minimum of three nights’ accommodation at Pamushana is necessary when selecting this option.
For those who want to stay longer it is possible to charter a private flight to the Lonestar airstrip which is 25 minutes from the lodge. For those who don’t want to fly, Pamushana is 5 hours by road from Harare and 6-8 hours from Johannesburg.
If you opt for the scheduled flight from Pamushana on a Monday or Thursday and stay for 3 nights the starting price is $4100 per person (including the flight from OR Tambo to Buffalo Range but excluding your intercontinental flight).