Cosmopolitan Cape Town and safari in Kruger's best private wilderness
Don’t miss the chance to explore Cape Town while you’re in South Africa. But while you’re assured of beautiful beaches, award-winning wines, cutting-edge culture, and some seriously gourmet food in the Mother City, you’ll need to head north for your safari. Enjoy this Cape Town and South Africa Safari.
Kruger National Park is one of the world’s greatest wildlife-watching destinations, and you’ll stay in lodges on two excellent private reserves—which means you can drive off-road and at night, activities that are not allowed in the main park. No luxury is spared while you’re on the safari part of this trip, but it’s balanced by value-for-money accommodation in Cape Town—making this the perfect mid-range itinerary.
Classic Cape Town and Kruger's Private Reserves: 11 days/10 nights
DAYS 1, 2, 3 & 4:
Arrival Cape Town, Four Rosmead
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Fly to Thornybush Game Reserve (Greater Kruger National Park), Serondella
DAYS 8 & 9:
Road transfer to Savanna Private Game Reserve in Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve
Return to Kruger airport for your flight to Johannesburg, depart
Classic Cape Town and Kruger's Private Reserves trip highlights
- This 10-day itinerary starts in Cape Town, where you’ll stay at Four Rosmead Boutique Hotel on a quiet tree-lined street in the shadow of Table Mountain.
- Drive to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve via Chapman’s Peak, one of the world’s most breathtaking coastal drives, for spectacular views over False Bay. Spend a half-day exploring the Cape Winelands by bike, sampling some of the best wines the region has to offer.
- You’re spoiled for choice when it comes to activities in Cape Town: take a cable car ride up Table Mountain, explore the vibrant city center, visit Robben Island, or have a relaxing picnic on the beach.
- Fly to Hoedspruit Airport and transfer to the exclusive Serondella in Thornybush Game Reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. Enjoy morning and evening game drives and bush walks while looking for the Big Five. Spend your downtime relaxing on your private deck or watching the productive waterhole. For an entirely fresh perspective, enjoy the whimsy of a sunrise hot air balloon safari or the thrill of a helicopter ride to Blyde Canyon.
- Take a private transfer to Savanna Private Game Reserve in Sabi Sand Game Reserve, which is surrounded by five waterholes that offer fantastic views of wildlife. Sabi Sands shares an unfenced border with Kruger National Park and is named for the Sabi and Sand Rivers which flow through it, which support a tremendous diversity of wildlife and provide a scenic backdrop to some of the best game viewing in Africa.
$9,350 - $10,000 per person sharing in 2024
Classic Cape Town and Kruger's Private Reserves on a map
Extend your luxury Africa safari with a direct flight from Greater Kruger to Vilanculos, Mozambique, for a couple of days at the beach on the mainland, or on the islands of the Bazaruto Archipelago. Alternatively, fly to Victoria Falls for an adrenaline-fueled adventure along the Zambezi River.
Explore other itineraries
Sophisticated city and South Africa safari to Victoria Falls and the Okavango Delta
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5
A malaria-free safari and time in Cape Town