Wildlife encounters in the jungles, wetlands, and coasts of Argentina
Embark on a journey through Argentina, where you'll venture off the beaten tourist path and be rewarded with wildlife encounters, natural wonders, and the lively culture of Buenos Aires. This 9-day itinerary showcases the biodiversity of the Ibera wetlands, the coast of Patagonia, and the jungles that surround the mighty Iguazu Falls. Throughout your trip, delight in the dramatic landscapes and rustic luxury offered by the carefully selected hotels.
Who is a luxury Argentine Wildlife Explored trip best for?
Travelers who seek out encounters with local wildlife, who value the luxury of authentic accommodations, and whose favorite experiences have been far off the beaten path.
Argentine Wildlife Explored trip highlights
- Explore the diversity of wildlife, culture, and landscapes in Argentina.
- Start off your adventure at the magnificence of Iguazu Falls from the iconic Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, located within the national park. Explore the jungle trails, take exhilarating boat rides, and marvel at the cascading waterfalls from panoramic viewpoints. Keep your eyes and ears open for cheeky capuchin monkeys and eye-catching birds such as Toco toucans and Green-headed tanagers.
- Immerse yourself in the wilderness of Argentina’s largest wetlands. Encounter the local wildlife during boat safaris, guided nature walks, and horseback riding excursions. Spot exotic bird species, observe capybaras and caimans, and with a stroke of luck, encounter elusive jaguars or giant anteaters.
- Discover the captivating charms of Buenos Aires during an overnight stay. Explore the historic streets, visit iconic landmarks, and soak up the vibrant atmosphere of neighborhoods like Palermo Soho.
- Immerse yourself in the serene beauty of Estancia Rincon Chico during your three-night stay. Located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean in Peninsula Valdes, this peaceful retreat offers breathtaking coastal landscapes and abundant wildlife. Witness southern right whales, penguins, sea lions, and seabirds. Engage in activities like wildlife watching, horseback riding, and coastal exploration.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Best time to go on a trip to Argentina
Wildlife is abundant from September to March. The springtime (September-early December) is the sweet spot where most species are present in Peninsula Valdes.
Argentine Wildlife Explored map
Fly to Ushuaia to continue exploring marine wildlife.
Ushuaia is the southern-most city in Argentina, and is just 600 miles north of Antarctica. It is the capital of Argentine Tierra del Fuego, the archipelago divided between Argentina and Chile which stretches beyond the bottom of mainland South America. This small town has become a busy port and jumping off point for most cruises to […]
Explore other itineraries
Safari in Singita Tanzania's private Grumeti Reserve and gorilla trekking in Rwanda
Lima, The Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu Pueblo and Cusco
Historic Quito, luxury Galapagos cruise, Amazon Jungle, and enchanting Cloud Forest