On this south Australia holiday, you'll visit vibrant Sydney, stunning Kangaroo Island, rugged Outback, and the vineyards of the Barossa Valley
A south Australia holiday delivers some of the country’s key offerings - wildlife, beach, Outback, and wine. With Sydney as your entry point, this itinerary provides some of the most quintessential Aussie experiences without flying circles around the country. Begin in Sydney with a few days of touring to really feel the pulse of Australia. Kangaroo Island is the perfect nature escape with a high concentration of wildlife, mountainous and oceanic backdrops, and classic Aussie charm. The Flinders Ranges offer a true remote safari in the Outback and the wine and culinary experiences of the Barossa Valley concludes your trip with true indulgence.
South Australia holiday: 13 days / 12 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrive in Sydney, QT Sydney Hotel
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to Kangaroo Island via Adelaide, Molly’s Run
Return to Adelaide, Mayfair Hotel
DAYS 8, 9 & 10:
Fly to the Flinders Ranges, Arkaba Homestead
DAY 11 & 12:
Transfer to the Barossa Valley, The Louise
Depart from Adelaide
- This 13-day south Australia holiday includes some of Australia’s most sought after backdrops, without spending the entire trip in transit.
- Sydney is the most common entry point to Australia and home to the country’s most iconic structures - the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge. We recommend exploring these landmarks with our excellent guides, in addition to learning the Aboriginal history of the region and a full day spent exploring the Blue Mountains.
- Continue to Kangaroo Island for a nature and wildlife-centric tour. Spend two full days with a small group and naturalist guide, exploring the island and all of its splendor from Seal Bay to Flinders Chase National Park to the fruitful farmlands.
- Remote yet accessible, the Flinders Ranges is South Australia’s largest mountain range, boasting an ochre colored earth and a pure Outback experience.
- The Barossa Valley is one of Australia’s largest wine-producing regions and the perfect, most indulgent way to end your journey.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Perfect Morocco: Souks, Sahara & Sea
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Wine, Whales, and Safari
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5