Sydney, Rock, and Reef…Australia tour of icons without the crowds
It’s no secret that Australia’s most iconic landmarks are Sydney’s Opera House and Harbour Bridge, Uluru (Ayers Rock), and the Great Barrier Reef. For any once-in-a-lifetime Australia tour highlight reel, you’ll want to visit these places, and you can without feeling like one of the masses. But to make all of the flights worthwhile, why not add in a few nights of fun in the Blue Mountains outside of Sydney and the Daintree Rainforest outside of Cairns? There’s immense fun in the backyards of the country’s icons that are very much worth the visit.
Australia tour: 15 days / 14 nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in Sydney and drive straight to the Blue Mountains, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley
DAYS 3, 4 & 5:
Fly from Sydney to Ayers Rock, Longitude 131
DAYS 6 & 7:
Fly to Cairns and drive to the Daintree Rainforest, Silky Oaks Lodge
DAYS 8, 9 & 10:
Fly from Cairns to Lizard Island, Lizard Island Lodge
DAYS 11, 12, 13 & 14:
Fly to Sydney via Cairns, The Langham Sydney
Depart from Sydney
Highlights of this Australia tour
- This 15-day journey includes Australia’s most iconic destinations - Sydney, Uluru, and the Great Barrier Reef - while adding convenient, lesser-known, yet equally spectacular extensions into the Blue Mountains and Daintree Rainforest.
- The Blue Mountains are in Sydney’s backyard and offer beautiful forested and mountainous vistas and all of the fun that comes with them (hiking, 4WD, horseback riding, and wildlife!). It’s a breath of fresh air after the undoubtedly long journey to Australia!
- Continue to Uluru - the mammoth rock formation in the Red Center of the country. The cultural and spiritual significance of Uluru for the Aborigines is paramount to understanding Australia’s first inhabitants.
- Fly to Cairns where, only a short drive away, lies the enchanting Daintree Rainforest - the oldest rainforest on the planet. The lush forest, the unique wildlife, and the Aboriginal traditions in this region make the Daintree a beloved destination.
- Lizard Island National Park is a short flight away from Cairns and an ideal place to experience the Great Barrier Reef. The island is situated between inner and outer reef systems as well as fringing reefs which can be enjoyed from the beach or a short boat ride. The marine diversity and luxury of the island will not disappoint!
- Sydney, the cultural capital of Australia, is your grand finale. We recommend exploring the city by bike, marveling at the interiors of the world-famous Opera House, and cruising along the Sydney Harbour on a culinary boat tour.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Other Aussie itineraries to explore
A multi-day walk and self-drive expedition through Australia’s little, quirky, island state
Vibrant Sydney, stunning Kangaroo Island, rugged Outback, and the vineyards of the Barossa Valley
Experience New Zealand from North to South - the drive is half the fun!
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.