Trendy Melbourne, wondrous Great Barrier Reef, sprawling Scenic Rim, and must-see Sydney all on this Australia holiday
For most city slickers, it’s hard not to love Melbourne and Sydney. Melbourne is trendy and sporty. Sydney is scenic and international. Bookend your Australia holiday with some city sites and spend the meat of your journey in Queensland. The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world and Hamilton Island is an ideal base to see it in all its glory. The mountains of Maryvale outside Brisbane offer the perfect compliment. Lace up your hiking boots and trek a section of the Scenic Rim Trail, spending two nights glamping before luxuriating at a mountainside retreat.
Australia holiday: 14 days / 13 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrive in Melbourne, QT Melbourne
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to Hamilton Island, Qualia Hamilton Island
Fly to Brisbane, Spicers Balfour Hotel
DAYS 8 & 9:
Scenic Rim Trail, Spicers Canopy Luxury Tents
Scenic Rim, Spicers Peak Lodge
DAYS 11, 12 & 13:
Fly to Sydney, Pier One Sydney Harbour
Depart from Sydney
- This 14-day Australia safari takes you to some of Australia’s most exciting corners - Melbourne, the Great Barrier Reef, the mountains of the Scenic Rim, and Sydney - with each region offering new and unique ways to experience Australia.
- Melbourne is Australia’s trendiest city. Each suburb has its own unique personality and the hidden laneways of the CBD will reveal layers of Melbourne’s history and personality. During your time, we recommend a guided tour of the lanes and arcades and a short journey out of the city to get up close to kangaroos and koalas in the wild.
- The Great Barrier Reef is one of the Natural Wonders of the World. From Hamilton Island, you can easily marvel at the reef from above in a helicopter, from below the water’s surface, from a private beach, or from a yacht with the wind blowing in your air. It’s the ultimate beach destination.
- Maryvale in southern Queensland is part of Australia’s Great Dividing Range. Spend two nights under canvas while spending your days trekking through the beautiful mountain ranges on the Scenic Rim Trail, one of the Great Walks of Australia. Finish your walk at a luxury lodge where you can soak in the mountain fresh air and views after a few days on the trail.
- A few fun-filled days in Sydney is the perfect way to cap off your trip. We recommend climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge, a guided pub crawl through the historic Rocks neighborhood, and a surf lesson on Bondi Beach.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Other Aussie itineraries to explore
Conquer the Kimberley by land and sea. Wander the wetlands of the Top End
Sydney, Rock, and Reef…Australia's icons without the crowds
Vibrant Sydney, stunning Kangaroo Island, rugged Outback, and the vineyards of the Barossa Valley