Relaxing Waiheke, engaging Rotorua, sublime Fiordland, and adventurous Queenstown
A New Zealand tour has so much to offer and it’s tempting to try to do it all. This itinerary explores a handful of the country’s highlights at a pace that let’s you both dig in and also relax and relish your luxurious surroundings. Waiheke Island is only a short ferry away from Auckland making it a beautifully serene place to unwind after your flight. Rotorua and its lakes are home to geothermal hot pools and an abundance of authentic Maori experiences. Fiordland is New Zealand’s crown jewel and home to the magnificent Milford and Doubtful Sounds, as well as countless walking trails. Queenstown appeals to both adrenaline junkies and to those who might want to savor one of New Zealand’s top wine regions. Settle in and enjoy the journey.
New Zealand tour: 11 days / 10 nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in Auckland and ferry to Waiheke Island, Boatshed Boutique Hotel
DAYS 3 & 4:
Ferry to Auckland and transfer by road to Lake Tarawera, Solitaire Lodge
DAYS 5, 6 & 7:
Transfer to Rotorua, fly to Queenstown, and transfer to Te Anau, Fiordland Lodge
DAYS 8, 9 & 10:
Transfer to Queenstown, Eichardt’s Private Hotel
Depart from Queenstown
- This 11-day New Zealand tour takes you from the nose to the toes of New Zealand for some soft adventure.
- Auckland’s skyline is visible from Waiheke Island, yet they feel like worlds apart. Waiheke offers beautiful beaches and walking trails, a thriving artisan community, and exceptional food and wine grown on the island.
- Rotorua and Lake Tarawera are located within the Central Volcanic Plateau which means they’re surrounded by geothermal pools, hot springs, and volcanoes. This region is rich with outdoor activity as well as Maori traditions.
- Fiordland is home to 3 of the 10 Great Walks of New Zealand and the iconic Milford Sound. Trekking through the fiords, hillsides, and forests while taking in the country’s most dramatic scenery is not to be missed.
- Queenstown is the adventure capital of New Zealand. On the banks of Lake Wakatipu and in the shadows of the Southern Alps, it is the ultimate base for anyone interested in bungee jumping, white water rafting, zip lining, skiing and skydiving. If that’s not your cup of tea, the nearby historic towns and wineries are well worth the visit!
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Other New Zealand itineraries to explore
Sole-use lodges and exclusive experiences in New Zealand’s top regions
Experience New Zealand from North to South - the drive is half the fun!
Striking Fiordland, expansive Canterbury, and serene Abel Tasman
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.