Big game, the migration, and authentic cultural interactions from some of Tanzania's most polished lodges in our luxury Tanzania safari
Each property featured on this luxury Tanzania safari itinerary is located on a private concession teeming with wildlife, meaning rewarding game drives year-round, but especially so if you time your visit with the magnificent herds of the annual wildebeest migration.
Starting from Arusha, you’ll wind your way through Tarangire and Lake Manyara national parks to the Serengeti, sometimes by road and sometimes by bush plane, staying in intimate tented camps that offer the highest standards of hospitality. A definite highlight is the opportunity to engage with the Hadzabe, one of the last remaining hunter-gatherer tribes in Tanzania.
Luxury Tanzania safari: 10 days/9 nights
Arrival Kilimanjaro Airport, road transfer to Arusha, Legendary Lodge
DAYS 2 & 3:
Drive to Chem Chem Concession, Chem Chem Lodge
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to the southern Serengeti, Mwiba Lodge
DAYS 7, 8 & 9:
Drive to Grumeti Game Reserve, Singita Sabora Tented Camp
Return to Kilimanjaro Airport and your international departure
- This 10-day fly-in luxury Tanzania safari starts with an overnight at Legendary Lodge, set on an elegant coffee farm just outside Arusha
- Fly to Tarangire National Park and set off on a scenic game drive, arriving at Chem Chem Lodge in Chem Chem’s private concession in time for sunset and a fireside dinner. Head out with the Maasai on foot to track giraffe, or visit the local village where one of the guide’s father is Chief. Enjoy a massage in the afternoon before heading out for a late afternoon game drive and sundowners at the edge of Lake Manyara
- Next, fly to Mwiba Lodge in the southern Serengeti, where you can catch the great migration between January and April. Spend time with the Hadzabe, one of the last remaining hunter/gatherer groups in Africa, take a helicopter excursion over the red alkaline waters of Lake Natron to look for flamingo from the air, and camp overnight in the bush
- From here, fly to the luxurious 1920s-themed Singita Sabora Camp in Grumeti Game Reserve, a private reserve located next to Serengeti National Park that encompasses 400,000 acres of unrivaled wilderness, with wide river valleys meandering through plains, grasslands, woodland, and forest. Witness the wildebeest migration between May and July, and embark on off-road game drives, night drives, and bush walks
$14,879-$18,762 per person sharing in 2020
Extensions after your luxury Tanzania safari
- See another side of Africa with gorilla trekking in Uganda or Rwanda, or head to the beach on Zanzibar or the Seychelles for some relaxation
Explore other itineraries
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.