Iconic luxury Kenya safari experiences and authentic accommodation
This itinerary offers the hallmark experiences of a luxury kenya safari – incredible wildlife, diverse landscapes, and local culture – but from camps that exude authenticity, barefoot luxury, and a sense of adventure.
Explore the bush in Lewa by foot, horseback, or camel – or how about an open cockpit bi-plane ride straight out of Out of Africa? Interact with Samburu tribespeople in Kenya’s remote Northern Frontier, and explore the vast lunar landscapes of Lake Turkana by helicopter. Finish in the Masai Mara, considered the crown jewel of a safari in Kenya with good reason – the wildlife here is outstanding regardless of what time of year you visit.
Luxury Kenya safari: 10 days/9 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrival Nairobi and fly to Lewa Conservancy, Lewa Wilderness
DAYS 4, 5 & 6:
Fly to Namunyak Wildlife Conservation Trust, Sarara Camp
DAYS 7, 8 & 9:
Fly to Mara North Conservancy, Richard’s River
Return to Wilson Airport in Nairobi and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Luxury Kenya Safari Highlights
- This 10-day fly-in luxury kenya safari begins at Lewa Wilderness in Lewa Conservancy, where you have the rare opportunity to see rhinos in the wild, as well as uniquely northern adapted species such as Grévy's zebra and reticulated giraffe. Climb the summit of the sacred Mount Ololokwe or go on a canopy walk above rainforest to look for forest elephant
- Take a private charter flight to Sarara Camp in Namunyak Wildlife Conservation. Visit in the dry season (Jan-Mar, Jul-Oct) to experience the Singing Wells, a centuries-old tradition whereby Samburu warriors summon their cattle to drink by singing their family song
- The game drives, horseback riding, and walking luxury Kenya safaris are all incredible, but a helicopter excursion over Lake Turkana is an experience not to be missed
- Next, take a private charter flight to Nanyuki in central Kenya and then a scheduled flight to Richard’s River Camp in the exclusive Mara North Conservancy, famous for its big cats, African wild dog, and wildebeest migration (Dec-May). Visit Richard’s passion project, the Mara Elephant Project (MEP), which has had great success in reducing elephant poaching
Kenya Safari Price
$13,600-$16,900 per person sharing in 2023
- Continue your adventure with gorilla tracking in Uganda or Rwanda, or relax on the beach – Kenya’s coast, Zanzibar, or the Seychelles are all within easy reach
Explore other itineraries
Remarkable Rwanda: Lush Mountains and Expansive Plains
Gorilla Trekking, The Big 5, And Conservation
Plan your Trip
Ready to start planning your own incredible adventure? We make the process stress-free and enjoyable.