Kenya: Culture & Adventure Across the Plains
Getting Out of your Vehicle and into the Bush on this adventure Kenya safari
While many of our clients opt for the quintessential safari experience of twice-daily game drives with time for relaxation in between, others want a little more excitement. That's what our adventure Kenya safari is here for.
The adventures on offer in this itinerary include camel and horseback riding, mountain biking, and helicopter trips over Lake Turkana in Laikipia, as well as the unique opportunity to join a lion tracking project in the Mara. As you’re staying on private conservancies you’ll be able to go off-road and on night drives. Round off your trip with a walking safari through the bush and an overnight stay in a fly camp hosted by your Maasai guide – a truly unforgettable back-to-nature experience.
Adventure Kenya safari: 9 days/8 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrival Nairobi, fly to Laikipia North Area, Ol Malo Lodge
DAYS 4 & 5:
Fly to Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Kicheche Valley Camp
Walk through Olare Motorogi Conservancy, Kicheche Fly Camp
DAYS 7 & 8:
Walk through Olare Motorogi Conservancy, Kicheche Bush Camp
Return to Wilson Airport and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Highlights on the adventure Kenya safari
- This 9-day fly-in safari begins at Ol Malo Lodge in Laikipia, where you have the chance to spot some of Kenya’s highest populations of endangered species, including black rhino, Grévy's zebra, reticulated giraffe, and wild dog
- Choose from camel or horse safaris, walking safaris, mountain biking, and immersion into the local Samburu culture. Take a scenic helicopter flight over Lake Turkana’s other-worldly landscapes, looking out for flocks of flamingos (helicopter flights not included)
- Fly from here to Kicheche Valley Camp in Mara Naboisho Conservancy for the largest population of giraffe in the Mara, as well as lion, cheetah, and elephant, and the opportunity to join a lion tracking project
- Take a walking safari through Olare Motorogi Conservancy, accompanied by a Maasai guide and an armed ranger, and stay overnight in Kicheche Fly Camp
- Continue on foot to Kicheche Bush Camp, where you can take a hot air balloon ride, look for baboons, elephants, buffaloes, hippo or leopards, and visit a local village
$6,892-$8,892 per person sharing in 2020
Easy Extensions to your adventure Kenya safari
Your adventure doesn’t need to end here. Fly to Kenya’s coast or to Zanzibar for some time on the beach, or to Rwanda or Uganda for gorilla trekking
Explore other itineraries
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.