A Glimpse of India’s Golden Triangle
The best of Northern India with luxury tiger safari
The majesty of the Golden Triangle is accessible to anyone with an internet connection, but nothing can compare to the reality of living like the royalty inhabiting these palaces and forts. Let our expert private local guides bring the lives of the maharajas to life while you sleep like royalty in both historic and modern-day palaces.
This itinerary combines the iconic Golden Triangle cities of Delhi, Agra, and Jaipur with the romance of Udaipur, sacred sites in Varanasi and Sarnath, and tiger safari among the crumbling forts and ruins in Ranthambore. Depart India feeling as though you’ve seen it all, but with a thirst to return to explore a new region.
12 Days/ 11 Nights
DAYS 1 & 2:
Arrive in New Delhi, Leela Palace
DAYS 3 & 4:
Fly to Varanasi, Taj Nadesar Palace
DAYS 5 & 6:
Fly to Udaipur, Leela Lake Palace
DAYS 7 & 8:
Fly to Jaipur, Raj Mahal Palace
DAYS 9 & 10:
Drive to Ranthambore, Sher Bagh
Drive to Agra, Oberoi Amarvilas
Drive back to New Delhi, depart
- This 12-day voyage across Northern India starts with two nights in Delhi to explore the Old and New parts of the city. Privately guided customized touring will take you through the highlights of the bustling capital and acquaint you with the dizzying pace of life in India.
- Fly to Varanasi, one of the oldest cities on Earth, to visit the spiritual heart of Hinduism on the banks of the River Ganges. Witness an aarti prayer ceremony on your arrival day at sunset and a boat ride at daybreak to absorb scenes of daily life in this most sacred place.
- From here, fly to the glittering lake palaces of Udaipur to revel in the opulence of the maharajas. A sunset cruise on Lake Pichola sets the scene for one of India’s most romantic cities. Visit the magnificent City Palace, a pearl of marble and vibrant mosaics typical of the workmanship of the Rajasthani artisans.
- Next, explore the fabled “Pink City” of Jaipur. Visit the Amber Fort, a hillside stronghold overlooking the city as well as the Palace of the Winds (Hawa Mahal), the Royal Observatory (Jantar Mantar), and more. Besides cultural sightseeing, Jaipur is also known for shopping and is famous for fabric, gems & jewelry and handicrafts. Explore the markets on an evening tour.
- From Jaipur, take a break with two nights of safari in Ranthambore. The main attraction is undoubtedly the elusive tigers, but your private guide can also help you find sambar, gazelle, caracal, black buck, crocodile, chital, and wild boar among others, set against a mesmerizing landscape of mystical temples.
- Tour the ancient city of Fatehpur Sikri en route to Agra to see the renowned Taj Mahal bathed in the pink light of sunset. Return in the morning for a fresh perspective or rest a bit before the travel day
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Explore Other Itineraries
A breadth of sites and experiences encompassing the best of India
Safari through the best wildlife parks in India
Historic squares, sacred stupas, and Himalaya wilderness
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.