Incredible game, conservation, and community upliftment on a luxury fly-in Kenya safari
Kenya has some of the best game viewing in Africa, and this itinerary gives you front-row seats to the show. From the uniquely adapted northern species found in the Samburu tribal lands to the north, to the Maasai Mara and the Great Migration in the south, you’ll see plenty of wildlife—up close and away from the crowds. All of the lodges on this fly-in luxury Kenya safari itinerary are situated on private conservancies, meaning you’re allowed to go on walking safaris, drive off-road, and venture out on a night game drive to look for nocturnal species—activities not permitted on national reserves.
That being said, focusing only on the wildlife would be missing out on Kenya's other highlight: the incredible people. Your guides will be professionally qualified Samburu or Maasai tribespeople who will gladly share their traditional customs and local knowledge, and your visit directly supports community upliftment and conservation efforts. It’s the best of both worlds.
9-Day Fly-in Kenya Safari: 9 days/8 nights
9-Day Fly-in Kenya Safari trip highlights
- Begin your time in Africa with an overnight at Karen Gables in Nairobi.
- From here, fly to Saruni Samburu in Kalama Conservancy, famous for the "Samburu Special Five"— herbivores found only north of the Equator (reticulate giraffe, Grevy's zebra, gerenuk, Somali ostrich, and Beisa oryx)—as well as big cats, the endangered wild dog, and plenty of birdlife.
- Activities here include guided walks with the Samburu, visiting a local village, hiking to the summit of the sacred Mt. Ololokwe, or viewing ancient rock art in nearby caves.
- Fly next to Saruni Wild in Lemek Conservancy, where you’ll stay in one of just three tents in the Maasai Mara. This property is surrounded by abundant resident plains game, and depending on which month you visit Kenya, is located in a fantastic position to witness the Great Migration.
- From here, take a scenic game drive to Saruni Mara in the exclusive Mara North Conservancy for guided walks with Maasai warriors and a visit to the only community-owned and run rhino sanctuary in East Africa.
From $7,150 - $8,450 for each of 2 people sharing in 2024
9-Day Fly-in Kenya Safari on a map
Extend your stay in Africa with a flight to the Kenyan Coast (Lamu Island), Zanzibar, or the Seychelles for some time on the beach; south to Victoria Falls; or to Uganda or Rwanda for gorilla trekking.
Explore more luxury Kenya safari itineraries
Exploring forest, mountain, and savannah
Private Conservancies, Ultraluxe Lodges, Superlative Wildlife
Get out of your vehicle and explore on foot