Incredible Game, Conservation, and Community Upliftment on this Fly-in Kenya Safari
Kenya has some of the best game viewing in Africa, and this itinerary gives you front row seats to the show. From the uniquely adapted northern species found in the Samburu tribal lands to the north, to the Masai Mara and the Great Migration in the south, you’ll see plenty of wildlife – up close and away from the crowds. As all the lodges on this fly-in Kenya Safari itinerary are on private conservancies you’re allowed to go on walking safaris, drive off-road, and at night to look for nocturnal species, something not allowed on national reserves.
That being said, to focus only on the wildlife would be to miss out on the other highlight of Kenya – the incredible people. Your guides will be professionally qualified Samburu or Maasai tribespeople who will gladly share their traditional customs and local knowledge, and your visit directly supports community upliftment and conservation efforts. It’s the best of both worlds.
Fly-in Kenya Safari: 9 days/8 nights
Arrival Nairobi, Karen Gables
DAYS 2, 3 & 4:
Fly to Kalama Conservancy, Saruni Samburu
DAYS 5 & 6:
Fly to Lemek Conservancy, Saruni Wild
DAYS 7 & 8:
Drive to Mara North Conservancy, Saruni Mara
Return to Wilson Airport in Nairobi and on to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
Highlights of Fly-in Kenya Safari
- Begin your time in Africa with an overnight at Karen Gables in Nairobi
- From here, fly to Saruni Samburu in Kalama Conservancy, famous for the ‘Samburu Special 5’ – herbivores found only north of the equator – as well as big cats, the endangered wild dog, and plenty of birdlife
- Activities here include guided walks with the Samburu, visits to a local village, hiking to the summit of the sacred Mt Ololokwe, or exploring the ancient rock art found in nearby caves
- Fly next to Saruni Wild in Lemek Conservancy, where you’ll stay in one of just three tents in the Masai Mara, surrounded by abundant plains game and in a fantastic position to witness the Great Migration, depending on when you visit
- From here, take a scenic game drive to Saruni Mara in the exclusive Mara North Conservancy, for guided walks with Maasai warriors and a visit to the only community owned and run rhino sanctuary in East Africa
From $6,000- $8,100 for each of 2 people sharing in 2023
Extend your stay in Africa with a flight to Kenya’s coast, Zanzibar, or the Seychelles for some time on the beach; south to Victoria Falls; or to Uganda or Rwanda for gorilla trekking
Explore other itineraries
Exploring Zambia: Walking and Waterways
Explore two of Zambia's Iconic Parks and Diverse Activities
Gorillas in the Wild
Mountain Gorilla Trekking and Time with the Batwa
Explore Northern Tanzania
Breathtaking Scenery and a Mobile Camp in the Serengeti
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.