Visit trendy Tel Aviv, Northern Highlights, Historical Jerusalem, and the Lost City of Petra on this Israel & Jordan holiday
A perfect blend of ancient and modern, desert and sea, city and nature - this Israel & Jordan holiday itinerary highlights the most iconic regions of both countries. Begin in the lively city of Tel Aviv, a perfect introduction to the Middle East, with urban beaches, bustling markets, gorgeous old neighborhoods, and a laid back attitude. The north highlights many sites of religious and historical significance. Jerusalem’s Old City transports you to times long past, bringing biblical stories to life. Petra, known as the lost city, is an archaeological wonder. This 12-day journey is sure to enlighten even the most savvy travelers.
Israel & Jordan holiday: 12 Days/11 Nights
- This 12-day Israel & Jordan holiday winds through city, coast, desert, and sea, bringing ancient history to life. En route, visit 6 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including White City, Baha’i Shrine, Acre, Jerusalem Old City, Masada, Petra.
- Tel Aviv is a modern city set amongst ancient surroundings. With your private guide, shop for art in Neve Tzedek, admire Bauhaus architecture of the White City, and enjoy the catch of the day by Jaffa boardwalk. Carmel Market is a bustling food and spice marketplace, best explored with a guide by your side. Enjoy an in-depth tour, as well as tastings and stories offered by local vendors.
- Travel north along the coast to Caesarea, the Baha’i Gardens and Shrine of Haifa, Acre, and Nazareth. Stay in Galilee, and visit the Sea where it is said Jesus walked on water. For a truly memorable experience, speak one on one with a researcher from Alma Center, an organization handling border security in the Golan Heights, where Israel meets Lebanon and Syria.
- Birders are in luck - Lake Hula in the north is a stopover for tens of thousands of cranes migrating from Finland to Ethiopia every fall. Be sure to visit in October to catch it!
- Onward to Jerusalem, where the Old City awaits. Your private guide will offer insight on Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and their co-existense within these walls. Religious or not, to walk in what is believed to be the footsteps of Jesus, Mary, and the apostles, of King David, and of Muhammed is truly humbling. Touch the Western Wall, and insert a wish into it’s cracked facade.
- As an excursion from Jerusalem, visit the imposing fortress of Masada, once the last stronghold during the Jewish revolt against the Roman Empire. After, cool off with a dip in the salty, restorative waters of the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
- With VIP assistance, your journey continues into Jordan and east to the rose-red city of Petra, exquisitely carved out of red sandstone mountain. Learn of Jordanian cuisine with a private cooking class at Petra Kitchen, followed by a feast.
- Depart for Amman along the famous King’s Highway, stopping en route to see the mosaics in Madaba where you might choose to pick up some lovely tiled souvenirs for yourself.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Tack on a night in the martian-like landscape of Wadi Rum, also a UNESCO site. Embark on jeep drives and camel rides, feast on traditional Bedouin cuisine, stargaze in the evenings. This is a perfect add on for those seeking a little more activity and adventure.
Itinerary on a Map
Explore Other Itineraries
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Pyramids, Temples, and a far off Desert Oasis
Exploring Egypt's Ancient Treasures; Cruise the Nile River