Are you the type of spreadsheet-loving person who thrives in a color-coded, perfectly-organized world? You’re not the kind of person who has 60,000 unopened emails—you’re the kind of person who has an empty inbox at the end of each day, and is proud of it. We’re in search of our next travel coordinator to join our operations team at Extraordinary Journeys.
You must love to travel and have experience with trip-planning (ie. you’re into the nitty-gritty of planning epic adventures). Are you the go-to with your friends and family when it comes to planning vacation logistics? Do you have excellent people skills (you’re going to spend a lot of time chatting with our clients!)? Then, this is the job for you.
We’re looking for someone who has a high level of customer service, loves administrative tasks, and is flexible and available to perform other duties in support of various programs, managers and staff—we’re a small team of 18 women after all and we all have each other’s backs. You’ll work closely with our sales team once they’ve sold the trip to bring it to life. We’re looking for someone who thrives in organization and order and will feel the ultimate satisfaction knowing that each client trip feels clean, prepared, organized—every last detail so that their trip goes smoothly without a hitch.
Full-time ongoing position Monday-Friday 9:30am-5:30pm EST with some after hours, dependent upon events for the company
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to members of the sales team for booked trips
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients making sure they are prepared for their trip with visas/vaccinations/packing/logistics/etc.
- Build online itineraries and custom travel sites for booked clients using our templates
- Calculating pricing/ Receiving payment/recording transactions into QuickBooks
- Checking and confirming all trip logistics with ground operators
- Update records of country entry/exit info, contact information and similar projects under direction of operations team
- Create final itinerary document inclusive of all trip details for clients
- Maintain updated files and ensure all tasks for trip prep are complete
- Assist clients with selecting travel insurance and supply quotes
- Requires excellent organizational and logistical skills
- Can handle a high volume of client call and email communication
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Utilize proper telephone etiquette
- Excellent communication skills including correct grammar and spelling
- Ability to meet and deal with clients and staff in a pleasant and courteous manner
- Ability to follow direction and attention to detail
- Must have positive, friendly attitude and be a team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
Candidates are invited to send a cover letter, resume, and references (no phone calls, please) to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted until a final candidate is chosen.
Please use the following SUBJECT: “OPERATIONS POSITION”. Extraordinary Journeys is committed to equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce.
Why Extraordinary Journeys?
Simply put—our team is extraordinary. We’re an award-winning luxury adventure travel brand with a whole lot of heart. We’re a group of wholesome, grounded, level-headed women who are seriously passionate about travel, the environment, sustainability, and the great outdoors.
We’re all in this business because we share a love of adventure, wildlife, people, and joyful moments. Our team has over 100 years of combined experience in the travel industry. And, because of our collective experiences, we’re able to spread excitement and harness happy travel moments for everyone on our team and, ultimately, our clients.
So, what’s the dynamic?
There’s no other way to describe it than we’re like a family: everyone contributes, we all have each other’s backs, and we want every employee to feel heard. Our team loves making other people—and each other—happy. Our staff rotation is close to zero turnover, and we’re grateful for the permanence of our team. We’re looking for a long-term commitment.
Even though we’re remote (and always have been—we’re not new to this!) we’re closely connected through weekly team meetings, annual retreats, and regular meet-ups when we’re in the same state. Our team members are go-getters, self-motivated, and empowered—we trust each other to get that work done. We have team members in Colorado, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Cape Town, Washington DC, and Vancouver.
About Extraordinary Journeys
Founded by mother-daughter duo Marcia and Elizabeth Gordon—with decades of experience living and working in Africa and around the world— it may come as no surprise that the ethos of Extraordinary Journeys is grounded in matriarchal values. Just like the dynamics that guide elephant herds around the globe. We believe in matriarchal systems because they cultivate a climate of being attentive, nurturing, egalitarian, intuitive, inclusive, receptive, and consensus orientated.
What are the perks?
We believe that everyone needs to travel—not just the CEO or the sales team—our ops team, marketing team, and the administrative team all have the opportunity to participate in at least one annual familiarization trip per year, all expenses paid to one of our destinations. Throughout the year, all employees also have access to special industry rates on hotels and lodges to use on their personal time off.