Magical landscapes away from the crowds
Winter Wildlife in Yellowstone National Park, Truly get away from it all with a visit to Yellowstone in the winter. You’ll feel like you have the park’s magnificent, snow-dusted landscapes all to yourself, with an abundance of wildlife to watch out for: bison, elk, mule deer, moose, wolves, and coyotes roam the area, their tracks easy to spot in the snow.
Guided by your expert, naturalist guide, you’ll explore the Hayden and Lamar valleys, and a stop by for a visit with the renowned photographer Dan Hartman. Finish with a day relaxing at the open-air pools at Chico Hot Springs Resort, followed by a gourmet dinner – the perfect ending to a week in a winter wonderland.
6 Days / 5 Nights
DAY 1: Arrive in Bozeman, Montana. Overnights The Lark Bozeman/ Gallatin River Lodge
DAYS 2, 3 & 4: Yellowstone National Park. Overnights Wonderland Lodge in Gardiner, MT
DAY 5: Chico Hot Springs. Overnight Chico Hot Springs Resort
DAY 6: Transfer to Bozeman for your flight hom
- Winter Wildlife in Yellowstone National Park:
- This 6-day itinerary starts in Bozeman, where you’ll be greeted on arrival and transferred to the modern, downtown The Lark Bozeman or the Western-style Gallatin River Lodge, for a welcome dinner and orientation with your guide
- Explore the Paradise Valley en route to Yellowstone National Park, and spend the day spotting the winter wildlife and learning about this impressive ecosystem. Spend the next three nights at the rustic-modern Wonderland Lodge in Gardiner, MT
- Explore the Hayden and Lamar Valleys, searching for the iconic grey wolf, as well as bison, coyotes and more, and visit local National Geographic photographer Dan Hartman to view the prolific bird life from his cabin, with great up-close photo opportunities
- After a last morning of wildlife viewing, make your way to Chico Hot Springs in the heart of the Paradise Valley. Enjoy a relaxing soak in the hot springs pool before enjoying a gourmet dinner to celebrate the end of the adventure, and stay overnight at Chico Hot Springs Resort
Starting from $7,100 per person sharing
- Spend a few extra days skiing at the Big Sky Resort, located approximately one hour outside of Bozeman. Winter itineraries can also be tailored into photography-specific itineraries for expert and novice photographers alike