A Taste of Africa: Cape Town, Kenya, and Zanzibar
Glittering cosmopolitan city with East Africa's charm and authenticity on this Southern Africa safari
Wine and dine in a cosmopolitan city, kick back on an island paradise, and spot majestic wildlife in the most iconic game reserve of them all. For this Southern Africa safari we’ve handpicked lodges that are both exclusive and romantic, so it’s no surprise this itinerary is a popular choice with honeymooners.
You’ll start in Cape Town, South Africa’s urban coastal city, with a short detour to explore the picturesque Winelands. Next, jet off to the vast game-filled plains of the Masai Mara in Kenya – if you visit in season you may catch the Great Migration – and then finish on your own blissful stretch of beach on Zanzibar, Tanzania.
Southern Africa safari: 13 days/12 nights
- This 13-day fly-in Southern Africa safari begins in Cape Town, where you’ll stay at the distinguished Queen Victoria Hotel. Take a private tour of the city and drive to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve via Chapman’s Peak, one of the world’s most breath-taking coastal drives. Meet the penguins at Boulders Beach and explore the world-renowned Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Explore the Winelands with a three-hour safari across the Waterford Wine Estate, followed by tastings at renowned vineyards in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Transfer to the airport for your red-eye flight to Nairobi. If you prefer to fly during the day, you may do so and overnight in Nairobi instead
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta Airport in Nairobi and transfer to Wilson Airport for your flight to Bateleur Camp in the famed Masai Mara National Reserve, a land of breath-taking vistas and abundant wildlife. Explore this photographer’s and naturalist’s paradise on off road and night game drives, spotting elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion, and cheetah alongside migratory wildebeest and zebra in the private Mara North Conservancy
- Transfer to the local airstrip for your flight to Nairobi's Wilson Airport and connect with your flight to Zanzibar, where you’ll stay at Zuri Zanzibar. Relax on a private beach, explore the mesmerizing marine life on snorkeling expeditions, or sail on a traditional dhow boat – the sunsets here are spectacular
$7,822 - $9,456 per person sharing (with honeymoon discounts) in 2020
$8,662 - $10,881 per person sharing (standard) in 2020
Explore other itineraries
Travel across East Africa from Uganda to Kenya, Tanzania, ending on the beach
Combine safari, iconic Cape Town, Namibia's towering dunes
Highlights of South Africa and Mozambique's beautiful beaches
Give us a call and talk with one of our travel experts or fill in your details below and we will send you a link to your full itinerary.
Connect with your personal expert
Let us help you start planning a safari customized for you.