Luxury accommodation and experiences crafted for families
This itinerary was built for families to experience the highlights of South Africa, in high-end accommodation, without having to constantly pack up and be on the go.
In Cape Town, start your journey at the One&Only on the V&A Waterfront, one of the few hotels in the city which allows a family of four to share one room. Explore the region alongside a hand-picked family specialist guide who will bring the city and Cape Peninsula to life for every age group. Fly to Kruger National Park for four nights on safari in the famed Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge. Go on game drives to see the reserves leopard, lion, elephant, zebra, giraffe (and more) and then set the kids free in the Elefun Centre to enjoy an assortment of activities and play.
Luxury Family Safari: 9 Days / 8 Nights
DAYS 1, 2, 3 & 4:
Arrive to Cape Town International Airport, transfer to One&Only
DAYS 5, 6, 7 & 8:
Fly from Cape Town to Kruger, transfer to Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
- This 9-day itinerary begins in Cape Town, South Africa where you will have four nights to settle in and explore the city. Head out on two private full-day tours to dive into the rich history and natural beauty of the region. Take in the views atop Table Mountain, immerse yourself in the colorful Cape Malay culture, and take to the marina on stand-up paddle boards or bike if you prefer more physical activity. Along the Cape Peninsula, look for rogue penguins and walk through the fairy-like milkwood forests as you stop along the small towns which hug one of the world's most scenically beautiful coastlines.
- Fly to Kruger National Park for four nights on safari at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge. Twice daily game drives offer the opportunity to see lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant, zebra, giraffe, buffalo, rhino, hippos and so much more.
- For little ones, the Elefun Centre is a sure highlight. Expert educators will take the children on bush walks to identify tracks, look for spoor, and identify medicinal and edible plants. They can also work out some energy in the play centre and engage in the endless activities curated to help them make the most out of their time in the bush.
- Return to the airstrip for your flight to Johannesburg and onward travel arrangements
$7,154 - $7,623 per adult sharing / $3,172 - $3,313 per child sharing in 2022 (based on 2 adults and 2 children traveling together)
- Include some nights in the winelands at Babylonstoren where the kids will enjoy the gardens and farm as much as parents will appreciate the wine. Or, head along the whale coast to Grootbos where horseback riding, hiking, quad biking on the beach, and whale watching will keep everyone busy for days. Extend your safari in Kruger's Timbavati or take in a new landscape at malaria-free Marataba or in the Eastern Cape.