Safari in Singita Tanzania's private Grumeti Reserve and gorilla trekking in Rwanda
Safari in the utmost style combining two of East Africa's most iconic destinations. Start your adventure in Tanzania in a private corridor of the Serengeti at Singita's newly rebuilt Sabora Tented Camp. Spend four nights on safari harkening back to the glamour of 1920 classic safari in one of the country's largest private reserves in the Western Corridor of the Serengeti. Continue your safari through East Africa in Rwanda. Explore Africa's greenest capital city of Kigali—the land of 1000 hills and a million smiles—that's brimming with delicious food, a contemporary arts scene, and incredible dining, with a stay at the stunning Retreat by Heaven, before setting off for the hills to nest at Singita Kwitonda Lodge, your base for gorilla and golden monkey treks, boasting breathtaking views of the Sabyinyo, Gahinga and Muhabura volcanoes and surrounded by high-altitude forests.
East African Odyssey: 11 days/10 nights
Highlights of an East Africa Odyssey
- Upon arrival, enjoy the day at Legendary Lodge's sprawling grounds and lush gardens with views to Mt. Meru. If you arrive early enough, make sure to tour the adjacent coffee estate.
- Fly around Lake Manyara and the Ngorongoro highlands to Tanzania's Serengeti. Make your home for four nights at the luxurious 1920s-era Singita Sabora Camp in the Grumeti Game Reserve, a private reserve located next to Serengeti National Park that encompasses 400,000 acres of unrivaled wilderness, with wide river valleys meandering through plains, grasslands, woodland, and forest. Witness the wildebeest migration between May and July, and embark on off-road game drives, night drives, bush walks, as well as conservation and wellness activities.
- Continue on by light aircraft to Kigali, Rwanda for two nights at the Retreat by Heaven in Africa's greenest capital city. Enjoy a banana beer making experience or cooking class at the hotel before soaking in the city's sights. Browse the open-air markets including the bright and bustling Kimironko and historic landmarks and peruse local art galleries like Choose Kigali and Inema Arts Center and before a visit to the Genocide Memorial.
- Set off with your private guide past small villages that dot the Land of One Thousand Hills to Singita Kwitonda at the base of the Virunga Mountains. Settle in and enjoy cultural and culinary experiences at the lodge or spend the afternoon hiking in the nearby hills.
- Your gorilla trek starts early the next morning. Under the supervision of park rangers, you’ll be guided to a troop of gorillas. Once sighted, you’ll have the opportunity to spend an hour observing these fascinating primates up close.
- The following morning, you’ll have an option to go for a trek to see the golden monkeys that make their home in the park.
Add time to your safari in Tanzania in the Southern or Northern Serengeti to follow the wildebeest and zebra herds of the great migration. Or, head to Rwanda's Akagera N.P. for boat based game viewing along the shores of Lake Rwanyakazinga. If you're in search of more primate experiences, One&Only Nyungwe House is the perfect end to this itinerary.