Luxury lodges and top experiences across South America's most iconic regions
World renowned for its rugged peaks and enormous ice fields with brilliant blue glaciers, Patagonia's stunning landscapes are just one of the highlights on this iconic Argentina & Chile tour. Begin your journey learning the tango and indulging in the culinary offerings of Buenos Aires. Then it’s off to the ‘End of the World’ as you board a plane to El Calafate. Walk on glaciers, horseback ride through a private Estancia and search for the elusive puma during your Patagonia stay. By combining both Argentina and Chile, you get to experience the scenery and ice fields of Argentina, and the remote exclusivity of Chile’s Patagonia. Pit stop in Santiago, before flying north to the Atacama Desert, where you will end your trip exploring the orange dust of this barren landscape, scattered with craters and volcanoes, and framed by windswept dunes.
Argentina & Chile tour: 14 days/13 nights
DAYS 1, 2 & 3:
Arrive in Buenos Aires, Legado Mitico Buenos Aires Hotel
DAYS 4 & 5:
Fly to El Calafate, Eolo Lodge Patagonia’s Spirit
DAYS 6, 7, 8 & 9:
Transfer by road to Awasi Patagonia Lodge
Transfer by road to airport and fly to Santiago, Singular Santiago
DAYS 11, 12 & 13:
Fly to San Pedro de Atacama, Awasi Atacama Relais & Chateau
Fly to Santiago for flight home
- This 14-day Argentina & Chile tour takes you to some of Chile and Argentina’s most remarkable locations, with a full exploration of Patagonia and some time in the driest non-polar desert in the world!
- Discover this enchanting city that effortlessly combines European history with Latin flair and is often referred to as ‘The Paris of South America.’ Spend the next two days exploring the old city, meeting the local people and diving into the culinary scene.
- Continue to El Calafate, where you will spend the next few days amongst some of the largest ice fields in the southern hemisphere. Opt to walk along the glaciers, boat to them or kayak along them, whatever the activity, you will be left in awe of these magnificent ice structures.
- Next, it’s on to Chile and the dramatic landscapes of Torres del Paine National Park. Awasi Patagonia sits in a remote part of this incredible landscape, offering unadulterated views of The Towers. Spend your days exploring the national park, hiking to viewpoints or visiting the Puma Research Center. Spend your evenings indulging in the best dining experience in Patagonia.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight to Santiago, where you’ll spend the evening resting up after your southern adventure.
- Today, you head north to the dry landscape of the Atacama Desert. Awasi is situated inside an ancient site surrounded by a historic wall, which for years housed shepherds and herders. Its privileged location is just a stone’s throw away from the centre of town with easy access to the activities offered each day.
Contact us for pricing and to connect with your personal travel expert
Head to Mendoza after your time in Buenos Aires before connecting down to El Calafate to squeeze in some wine tasting. Alternatively, head north to Iguazu Falls before Patagonia, connecting through Buenos Aires.
Explore other itineraries
Luxury Taste of Chile
Valleys and Peaks of Chile, with a luxury twist
The Best of Argentina
Argentine lakes, glaciers, waterfalls and wine-tasting
Ecuador & Peru: From Galápagos to Machu Picchu
Wilderness of the Galapagos and Cultural History of Machu Picchu
Primates and Lakes: Gorillas, Monkeys, and Adventure in Rwanda
Unforgettable primate encounters, culture and luxurious lodging
Perfect Morocco: Souks, Sahara & Sea
Explore Medinas, Markets, Dunes, an Oasis, and the beautiful seaside of Essaouria
Wine, Whales, and Safari
Whale-watching, Wine tasting and the Big 5