Our Goal: Raise $20,000 by July 31st
We will fund conservation efforts NOW to protect the world’s most threatened habitats and species.
No one, including Extraordinary Journeys, will walk away unscathed from the impact – emotional, social, financial, physical – of this global crisis. But we know we are going to get through this – together. Sadly we can’t say that as confidently about our conservation and travel partners in Africa and beyond. With poaching on the rise in formerly “safely touristed” game reserves and with families left without income due to shuttered lodges and lost revenue from tourism, we’re seeing a conservation and humanitarian crisis exploding in Africa.
By aiding conservation groups and local people and businesses, we can help fund conservation efforts NOW that will protect the world’s most threatened habitats and species. Whatever you can give—$10, $50, $100, $1000—will help significantly.
For every $150 contribution you make to help these communities get through this extended crisis, we will give you a $150 trip credit to use on a future trip with Extraordinary Journeys. *
Extraordinary Journeys Relief Fund
Where will the funds be sent?
The Extraordinary Journeys Relief Fund will be awarded to projects that benefit local communities and protect threatened and endangered wildlife. We knew that tourism supports many people in Africa, and we are now seeing even more clearly the devastating domino effect of the loss of tourists and their money.
Lodges no longer buy vegetables, crafts sit unsold, vehicles go unserviced. This is all in addition to the huge number of people who have been laid off by lodges and camps, each of them being the breadwinner for an average of 20 souls. These are projects who never had to rely on donors as they were supported by lodges and camps.
Additionally, on-the-ground wildlife protection efforts can’t make up for the number of tourists and travelers whose presence normally helps keep poachers away from wildlife areas.
Extraordinary Journeys – Fundraising Activities
- Sign up for our live “talks with a hero of conservation in Africa” and classes
- Buy from our live auction (coming soon)
- Organize a no-contact safari in your neighborhood (coming soon)
- Trip credits cannot be applied to current bookings and must be used within 24 months. There is no limit on how many $150 trip credits can be earned, but only one $150 trip credit can be used per person on any given trip. Our team is standing by to confirm your next trip with this credit when you are ready – and do ask us about our new flexible booking terms.
- Contributions to Extraordinary Journeys Relief Fund are not tax-deductible.